Florida ravelco or other anti theft devices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waaptuh

Reaction score
Funny because I don’t worry about things being stolen, if it happens that’s what insurance is for. I’m not going to spend thousands on something that’s not 100% plus a good chance they damage the truck trying to steal it. In the end you will pay the deductible to fix it but then I wouldn’t want it anymore. For me I rather them steal it so that I can just go get a new one.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny because I don’t worry about things being stolen, if it happens that’s what insurance is for. I’m not going to spend thousands on something that’s not 100% plus a good chance they damage the truck trying to steal it. In the end you will pay the deductible to fix it but then I wouldn’t want it anymore. For me I rather them steal it so that I can just go get a new one.
I hear what ur saying and don’t disagree. My insurance is great. But it doesn’t stop or deter anything. GPS is good if you want a stolen car back but by then I’d rather them keep it. There’s only a few devices that would actually stop a theft in the first place to all but a few very talented pros or a tow truck. All that being said if insurance is needed I have it but you’re Assuming you can get a new one afterwards. This isn’t exactly a base f150 just sitting on lots. If it were then I’d concur with your sentiment 100%. This might be the most difficult vehicle I’ve ever secured new; I’ve had Porsche gt allocations easier.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’d like to know how many of the “I don’t care if it gets stolen” crew have actually had several vehicles stolen.. and then had their insurance cancelled for filing too many claims... and then, had to go on some ‘high risk’ plan because of too many claims because they live in a high theft shìthole.

Because it’s not as simple as all that. First, if it’s your daily and you don’t have a backup, you’re out a vehicle once the rental coverage, if any, runs out. Now you get to spring for a peasant car for 2-3 weeks while they process your claim. Then your claim comes in and it’s 20% below what you expected. Now you get to argue with your insurance carrier about the actual value of your “F150”. After a week to 10 days of bickering back and forth, they acquiesce to you actually having a F150 Raptor, not a peasant truck. And you’re still below the expected value. But you had additional coverage, etc. etc. yet, you failed to read the fine print. Oh, by the way, they won’t be renewing your policy because of the payout.
Do you have GEICO? They’ll cancel you faster than you can say “stolen”.

So, you have your insurance check now, after 5 weeks of arguing and waiting and thankfully it’s only about 8% below what you believe the actual value of the truck is. Now you can go replace your truck with... well ... not much really. Maybe you have enough for an F150 XL with the insurance and if you drop another $40k, you can get a brand new Raptor, if you can land one at MSRP...

Good luck.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d like to know how many of the “I don’t care if it gets stolen” crew have actually had several vehicles stolen.. and then had their insurance cancelled for filing too many claims... and then, had to go on some ‘high risk’ plan because of too many claims because they live in a high theft shìthole.

Because it’s not as simple as all that. First, if it’s your daily and you don’t have a backup, you’re out a vehicle once the rental coverage, if any, runs out. Now you get to spring for a peasant car for 2-3 weeks while they process your claim. Then your claim comes in and it’s 20% below what you expected. Now you get to argue with your insurance carrier about the actual value of your “F150”. After a week to 10 days of bickering back and forth, they acquiesce to you actually having a F150 Raptor, not a peasant truck. And you’re still below the expected value. But you had additional coverage, etc. etc. yet, you failed to read the fine print. Oh, by the way, they won’t be renewing your policy because of the payout.
Do you have GEICO? They’ll cancel you faster than you can say “stolen”.

So, you have your insurance check now, after 5 weeks of arguing and waiting and thankfully it’s only about 8% below what you believe the actual value of the truck is. Now you can go replace your truck with... well ... not much really. Maybe you have enough for an F150 XL with the insurance and if you drop another $40k, you can get a brand new Raptor, if you can land one at MSRP...

Good luck.
Well said-100% my feelings. It’s happened to me before and with a car not even close to this. I’d prefer to not have it happen again.. What do you have in terms of anti-theft if you don’t mind me asking?

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Mine is a work in progress, I’ll be undertaking some ‘target hardening’ in the next few months.
Usually when I park in town I slip a few bucks to the attendant. Then I take a picture of his ID and let him know just how important my truck is and what a shame it would be for him if anything were to happen to it. it’s worked for the few in town trips I take per year so far.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is a work in progress, I’ll be undertaking some ‘target hardening’ in the next few months.
Usually when I park in town I slip a few bucks to the attendant. Then I take a picture of his ID and let him know just how important my truck is and what a shame it would be for him if anything were to happen to it. it’s worked for the few in town trips I take per year so far.
Oh nice I like that. I basically live “in town” and so I’m doing the opposite basically when I go to the country. I’m not nervous at home really though. It’s more traveling which I do for work. Need to stay overnight at highway hotels from time to time. And this is my only car with a functional roof, or air bags, or power steering etc. so taking a beater is really not on the menu. Do you have a better idea than ravelco? Why don’t you use that device?

Waaptuh

Reaction score
I think everyone is entitled to their own opinions and how they go about things. I have had my car stolen twice, experience wasn’t bad with my insurance which I have had for a long time. Never once did they mention dropping me, even after the second one. The first was never found and the second was somewhat gutted. As a matter of fact the second one was stolen ant gun point. I understand these trucks aren’t your average ones but I disagree that you just can’t find one. I know it depends on where you live but there are 50 new Raptor Rs within a 100 mile radius and the same for the TRX. I just don’t value property as much as life. I work hard for my money and for the things that I have but I will gladly give them up to someone with a gun. My wife drives around in a Charger Redeye and I tell her the same thing. She’s more stubborn than me but I hope she does it if it ever happens

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think everyone is entitled to their own opinions and how they go about things. I have had my car stolen twice, experience wasn’t bad with my insurance which I have had for a long time. Never once did they mention dropping me, even after the second one. The first was never found and the second was somewhat gutted. As a matter of fact the second one was stolen ant gun point. I understand these trucks aren’t your average ones but I disagree that you just can’t find one. I know it depends on where you live but there are 50 new Raptor Rs within a 100 mile radius and the same for the TRX. I just don’t value property as much as life. I work hard for my money and for the things that I have but I will gladly give them up to someone with a gun. My wife drives around in a Charger Redeye and I tell her the same thing. She’s more stubborn than me but I hope she does it if it ever happens
Agree on the carjack issue. I’m certainly not fighting for it. But a ravelco isn’t stopping that anyways. I was talking really only about when it’s parked and I’m not around..

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Agree on the carjack issue. I’m certainly not fighting for it. But a ravelco isn’t stopping that anyways. I was talking really only about when it’s parked and I’m not around..
Yeah, I mean if you’re getting jacked and surprised, there’s not really a viable choice but to live. but if you’re about to get jacked and you know it, act, don’t react.

But... again, if you’re jacked and someone gets the truck, good for you that you have full coverage. Minus the deductible and the mileage, plus wear and tear deductions. And if you dropped 20k ADM, good luck. But I know someone dropped for 3 claims and he had to seek MAIF from MD. That is God awful expensive.

Nobody’s changing any minds here. If you want to keep the truck, put some money into keeping it. If you don’t care, can you let me know where yours is parked? Asking for a friend.