First time Raptor/Ford owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CLS1

Reaction score
A261EDFB-3DAF-4CCA-818E-7387381C4695.jpeg Finally purchased a new to me 2017 Ford Raptor in avalanche grey. I should have pulled the trigger on a Raptor last year instead of purchasing a F80 M3.I got the //M sold and so I went right down to my Ford dealer and picked her up.

I’ll be honest I HAD a lot of apprehension purchasing a domestic truck let alone a Ford. Chalk it up to pure ignorance and lemming mentality. I’ve been a Toyota guy all my life 4Runners, Tacoma’s and my last rig was a Tundra with mid-travel suspension(Kings).

All I can say is that this truck is worth every damn penny. It has luxury, styling, and the power to match. I didn’t get a wink of sleep last night because I couldn’t wait to drive it to work the next morning.

I apologize for the poor quality pic. It was taken minutes after I drove it home.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.
Pictures. So it DID Happen :)

Reaction score
welcome! i was literally in the same shoes.. first ford too. lol

I thought my 4runner Pro was going to be a Lifer.. sitting on extended travel kings, beadlocks on 34's, front and rear bumpers, baja lights everywhere etc..... well 1.5 years in, I went to "look" at my current raptor, test drove it they gave my an insane trade in and a deal on my truck. Couldnt pass it up as well, left home with it that day. Traded the pro in as is! bitter sweet but the Raptor is an amazing truck!

OP
OP
CLS1

CLS1

Reaction score
welcome! i was literally in the same shoes.. first ford too. lol

I thought my 4runner Pro was going to be a Lifer.. sitting on extended travel kings, beadlocks on 34's, front and rear bumpers, baja lights everywhere etc..... well 1.5 years in, I went to "look" at my current raptor, test drove it they gave my an insane trade in and a deal on my truck. Couldnt pass it up as well, left home with it that day. Traded the pro in as is! bitter sweet but the Raptor is an amazing truck!

LOL yes it is definitely taking some getting used to stepping out my comfort zone(and an expensive one at that.) But because the Raptor is nothing like I’ve driven before, it’s making the change quite easy.

Would you happen to have any pics of your T4R?

Reaction score
LOL yes it is definitely taking some getting used to stepping out my comfort zone(and an expensive one at that.) But because the Raptor is nothing like I’ve driven before, it’s making the change quite easy.

Would you happen to have any pics of your T4R?

Indeed very easy to change into for sure lol

And of course! It was Beaten daily. I have come to terms with not wheeling as much since the trails are pretty tight, wont stop me completely tho!

4r.jpg 4r1.jpg 4r2.jpg