First Raptor R intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found this I am sure there will be others to follow. Says adds boost with freeing up flow.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good.

Some random thoughts below on hot rodding an engine with a roots/twinscrew/positive displacement style supercharger after 20+ years of doing it.

Spend the money on the inlet side of a roots/twin screw blower. Inlet restrictions kill power. A 5" inlet is not overkill on this engine, once it can be tuned that is. On the other hand, exhaust pretty much doesn't matter on a PD blower. OEM manifolds will do fine, and header upgrades won't get you much. The blower speed will control how much air goes in, and therefore how much power is made. For example, all of the masive flow benfefits from long tubes on a N/A engine won't do much of anything on a PD supercharged engine- the blower controls it all. Exhaust backpressure does cost you some drive power in the blower, but it's secondary gains/losses.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good.

Some random thoughts below on hot rodding an engine with a roots/twinscrew/positive displacement style supercharger after 20+ years of doing it.

Spend the money on the inlet side of a roots/twin screw blower. Inlet restrictions kill power. A 5" inlet is not overkill on this engine, once it can be tuned that is. On the other hand, exhaust pretty much doesn't matter on a PD blower. OEM manifolds will do fine, and header upgrades won't get you much. The blower speed will control how much air goes in, and therefore how much power is made. For example, all of the masive flow benfefits from long tubes on a N/A engine won't do much of anything on a PD supercharged engine- the blower controls it all. Exhaust backpressure does cost you some drive power in the blower, but it's secondary gains/losses.
yeah, the ported eaton was a screamer on the lightning, but the 2.6 kenne bell really awoke it, and im not even pushing it.
Edit: Whoops misread a bit.
Yeah on the 2.6 the inlet in the back kills it a bit, but to get a bigger once in i wouldve had to bang the firewall back

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
yeah, the ported eaton was a screamer on the lightning, but the 2.6 kenne bell really awoke it, and im not even pushing it.
Edit: Whoops misread a bit.
Yeah on the 2.6 the inlet in the back kills it a bit, but to get a bigger once in i wouldve had to bang the firewall back

Not used to banging the back wall, eh?

Me either...

OP
OP
WMRaptor

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This company never made them. I ordered one from S&B should ship this week had a huge filter hopefully some more whine with it. My truck is at dealer getting all the recalls done on heads.