First Batch of Ford Raptor Super Crew Cabs In!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You tall freaks! I am 6' 2" and I am usually the tall one. When I stand next to anyone taller then me, I feel small.

So Aaron, are you disappointed with the Screw?

I'm 6'3", so Shaggy you're actually the shortest Admin on the boards, Shorty. :badger_1:

Doesn't sound to me like he's disappointed at all, it sounds more like he's just pointing out that after having driven both he realizes that with the SCrew you're gonna sacrifice some off-road performance for the extra room.

There are pros and cons to each....

SCab: Better performance off road, less room/comfort

SCrew: Better room/comfort, less performance off road

...It's a trade-off. For some future buyers it will be clear-cut which sacrifice is easier to make for the positive gain they want. For others it will be a more difficult decision.
I don't think anyone should be shocked that a racer feels the difference in the wheelbase/weight between the two vehicles.... he's trained to feel that.
As a buyer, you just have to decide: most comfort>maximum offroad ability or maximum offroad ability>most comfort.

OP
OP
T

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
Bojangles; That was the point I was trying to make. Just basic comparison.

Droid; My opinion isn't derrived from test drive alone, it also comes from higher up in Ford, Engineers, and seeing the beast in skeleton form while it was still in the final stages. These people are my friends and I do trust what they say. Seeing the thing in person was a help too, but having the same suspension doesn't mean the formula, dampering, rebound, etc. are the same. Apparently, they are.

It's not bad by any means!!! The truck is so smooth and quiet on the road. Once I get it Off-Road, I hope my tune will change. Maybe they left it soft with some body roll to compensate for the added length? Less stress on the frame through ruts, bumps, ditches, gullys and so on.

Birdman; I see what you were saying with the running boards. In pictures they look odd. Have you seen one in person yet? Maybe the angle or actually seeing it outside of flat 2D format, but they look ok. One of our cutomers will be putting power running boards on the truck. I think it looks better that way than nothing at all. Looks too plain without.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
good news is, most after-market companies will jump on the suspension mods thing ASAP, plus knowing FOX, they might have a retro-fit/adjustment for the shocks.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... but having the same suspension doesn't mean the formula, dampering, rebound, etc. are the same. Apparently, they are.

I hear what you're saying and agree with those that have pointed out that of course the two trucks ride differently based on their size, etc. What I don't quite understand is that with all your friends in high places and seeing the undressed beast, etc...that you still find the word "apparently" needed when describing what you believe about the suspensions.

So maybe all the talk of extensively tuning the SCREW to get the ride right was all smoke and mirrors...and maybe it wasn't. I'm certainly leaving the jury out til I hear/see/feel more evidence. Thanks for sharing your observations.

Hell, I've got a mountain bike with a Fox shock...and depending upon the setup it can be a downhill monster taking 15' drops and soaking them up fine. The next day with a change in rebound rate and air pressure setup it can be a climbing cross country dream. Sure I could build a more bomber downhill bike and perhaps another to excel even more at XC...but the point is that sometimes a little compromise is comfortable and desirable and loved.

We all have different goals for our trucks. Glad to hear that you've found the SCAB works best for you.