Finally ordered..for some one who never had a truck, what would you all suggest that I learn (as I wait)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even renting a truck won't prepare you for the Raptor. I drove a regular F150 before getting my Gen2.

It's wide and it feels like it takes up the whole lane. You will feel like everything is going to rub the side of your truck. After a few weeks, you'll get used to it.

OP
OP
M

magnushouston

Reaction score
Even renting a truck won't prepare you for the Raptor. I drove a regular F150 before getting my Gen2.

It's wide and it feels like it takes up the whole lane. You will feel like everything is going to rub the side of your truck. After a few weeks, you'll get used to it.
Make sense. Thank you

birdieman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest that while you are waiting, everywhere you normally go, try and find the biggest parking spots in the lots. In a lot of places they have narrowed up the spots so much that you can barely get a Raptor to fit in between the lines, much less having any reasonable space between you and the next vehicle. You will probably be getting a lot more exercise once you get your Raptor as you will be parking it far away from entrances in order to try and get away from other vehicles.

katchup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came from 15ish years of daily driving m3's/gtr/etc to a raptor in 2018. I would say the biggest learning curve was parking. Just a lot larger and hard to judge when coming from a car. 360 camera is a life saver lol. If you're driving in snow, keep some weight in the bed if possible. Besides that daily driving a truck is easier in every way, I dont have to worry about potholes, steep driveways, etc.