FINALLY joined the fraternity!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldraptor 1

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2012 Gen 1 yesterday. One owner, very clean. Couple of rust spots on top of the cab, and the shocks will need to be reconditioned, and some rusting underneath that Woolwax should take care of. Squeaky brakes, up front so probably needs new pads, but I got it for a great price so I'm not complaining. So far so good.

Attachments

• 20220821_122952.jpg
    20220821_122952.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 56

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my 2012 Gen 1 yesterday. One owner, very clean. Couple of rust spots on top of the cab, and the shocks will need to be reconditioned, and some rusting underneath that Woolwax should take care of. Squeaky brakes, up front so probably needs new pads, but I got it for a great price so I'm not complaining. So far so good.

Welcome!

I did not know rust on the top of the truck was common? Is this an indication of severe rust?
Woolwax wont do much for exiting rust, it is designed to stop rust from initially occurring.

OP
OP
O

Oldraptor 1

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. Little spots of rust on top of care, was thinking of the POR15 epoxy putty for that, and then paint over it with touchup paint.
My understanding was that i could knock off the loose existing rust underneath and the woolwax would permeate what remains and keep from rusting further. Is this not the case? Would appreciate your feedback. The truck was on the Gulf Coast so had been exposed to many years of salt air and no telling what else.