GEN 2 Finally Got The Tent Mounted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Just Got of the phone with Addictive Designs inquiring what the weight capacities were on there
ADD-LANDER OVERLAND RACK and the stated they don't have any.

LOL!

He said it's made out of steel to which I replied but you should still list weight capacities as there are different types of steel, the thickness of the steel.

Man that's hard to believe, I was nice about it but told them good luck selling them.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the Leitner Rack with risers and then the tent on top, also you can get a road shower and put it across the front, search my username and you should see some photos

View attachment 145289

Yea Leitner might be better if you want to get a bike in the back. I looked at the Leitner but didn't go with it as I wanted a bed cover to keep my gear dry and clean. I'm planning on putting a Dometic fridge/freezer in the back and didn't want it out in the elements.

CR Gittere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you modify that Leitner rack in the rear at the side supports?

Did you make those rear side supports?

Very nice setup.

I know our truck needs rear side supports especially if you're running hard, but what sucks is I don't think you could run those and the decked drawers.

Only way maybe a support that is mounted underneath running 12" along the width of the tailgate and then come up through a cut through slot to mount vertically at the rear inside the bed.

I'll have to really look at this but I'd hate having to cut a slot for the support to fit through, just don't think it's a doable solution at least not one anyone would care to do.

You also have to be careful when purchasing a rack depending on its usage due to its weight capabilities.

For the Leitner rack:

• Off-Road Dynamic Weight Capacity | 400

• On-Road Dynamic Weight Capacity | 800

• Parked Static Weight Capacity | 1400
Yes I modified the leitner rack in the front and the back to bolt to the bed and yes we built the bed supports, I need to get that and the plate on the floor powder coated once we have everything sorted out... I wanted the rack to bolt to the bed floor and not the rails for the added support