Fantastic Undercoat/Line-X wheel well shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stay away from any rubberized or bed liner type undercoating!!!!!! Especially if you live in an area where the roads are heavily salted. In the long run these kinds of coatings in that kind of environment will accelerate the deterioration of your frame. I’ve seen it first hand on several vehicles. Also, there are numerous videos on YouTube and such documenting this. Beware.
Looks like Line-X uses asphalt based ValuGard undercoating. I was just going to do the wheel wells. Would you recommend a lanolin based product for that?

OP
OP
alexhartang

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like Line-X uses asphalt based ValuGard undercoating. I was just going to do the wheel wells. Would you recommend a lanolin based product for that?
I have zero regrets with linex. I’ve already had value from hearing rocks get thrown from the tires and hearing it hit the coating versus the wheel wells is so satisfying

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of what in the wheel well gets coated? I am getting my bed done and was thinking about having this done also from the shop. How much extra was it? Do both the front or just the rears?

OP
OP
alexhartang

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of what in the wheel well gets coated? I am getting my bed done and was thinking about having this done also from the shop. How much extra was it? Do both the front or just the rears?
I paid $300 for both wheel wells. It’s exactly what you’re expect, the metal areas that a typical wheel well liner would cover

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I’m paying close to $90k OTD for a Raptor, I can justify $1,200 to have a pro with over two decades of experience do it for me, with their guarantee, warranty, and quality skilled workers. I’m also happy to support a small local business that could use every referral possible in this tough period for business owners.
Since the undercoat isn’t the Linex stuff sounds fine to me, & if I had a shop that would Linex my wheel wells WHILE doing an undercoating then that’s not a bad deal at all….that being said I still really like the performance/adhesion of the Amsoil HDMP product.

Where did you get it done? In New England? I’m in MA so curious

OP
OP
alexhartang

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the undercoat isn’t the Linex stuff sounds fine to me, & if I had a shop that would Linex my wheel wells WHILE doing an undercoating then that’s not a bad deal at all….that being said I still really like the performance/adhesion of the Amsoil HDMP product.

Where did you get it done? In New England? I’m in MA so curious
Delaware valley linex in Hatboro Pa! Couldn’t recommend them more.