Fantastic Undercoat/Line-X wheel well shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend getting underbody coating as well. I’ve never known anyone who’s had a frame rust out because of the coating! I had my ‘01 f150 lariat done and my son blew the engine in it 17 yrs later, but no RUST! I’m in MN with salted roads so had Line-X do my ‘20 raptor (got a 2 car discount) $800 ea. so for guys hearing warnings about underbody coatings leading to frame rust I wouldn’t worry about it. Probably some other reason it happened.

Fever

Reaction score
Curious about LINEX. I got mine sprayed in. And had it on previous trucks (non Raptors) with no trouble. I never chipped it out of the bed to see if there was any rust happening. It LINEX a rubber product?

Fever

Reaction score
Curious about LINEX. I got mine sprayed in. And had it on previous trucks (non Raptors) with no trouble. I never chipped it out of the bed to see if there was any rust happening. Anyone have any trouble with Linex?

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many have you first hand seen this on, how old were they, where were they driven? I’ve gotten this same type of undercoating on 3 other trucks over the last 15 years, with two of them being while I lived in Maine with heavy salt and winters, with ZERO issues. All three different models by different manufacturers too. The shop I used took great pride in explaining in 20 years they’ve never had a single complaint or issue, and have 153 reviews, all but one of which are 5 stars, with the one being a 4 star review. I’m always hesitant on YouTube information because for every video of someone complaining about a product or process, there are just as many supporting it. My personal experience over almost two decades, with a Chevy 2500, TRD Pro Tundra, F-150, and now my Raptor so far have proven otherwise entirely.
How many examples do you want? I mean really? You want names and addresses? I have 2 buddies that own garages. Numerous times over the years they’ve had people come in looking for frame repair due to rubberized or bedliner type undercoatings. Plus I have a buddy that that had his 2008 done and his frame needed repaired this year. Most of these had warranties thank goodness so at least the frame repair was paid for. But, these people are still driving around in a vehicle with a frame repair. They also have to live with the knowledge that things will continue to get worse….due to the type of undercoating they got from reputable places with stellar reviews. If you’re gonna keep the vehicle for more then 10 years or so, why accelerate the rotting process by trapping in moisture and salt with these types of coatings. If you keep it less than 10 or so then you’ll never see the problem, the next owner will have to deal with it. About the only way a bedliner type coating will work Is if they take the truck apart, completely degrease, de-wax, and properly prepare all sides of the frame. (GM was infamous for applying a wax tyoe coating from the factory to prevent rust). Then apply the bedliner or rubberized coating to all sides. The inside of the frame would also need to be sprayed to totally encapsulate it. Yep, it looks great and it better be for $1200. The guy who gets your truck after your done with it will love it at first I’m sure. Then after a few years he’ll be wondering what dumazz ever thought lot of doing this in a salt ridden winter environment!!!!!!’ Again, it looks great, but lanolin based products are so much cheaper and do the job much better. Do some research…..You’ll see. Sort through the BS on YouTube and other sites just like you need to sort through the BS from shops charging $1200 simply to make the truck look good for several years.

Last edited:

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious about LINEX. I got mine sprayed in. And had it on previous trucks (non Raptors) with no trouble. I never chipped it out of the bed to see if there was any rust happening. It LINEX a rubber product?
Linex is a great bedliner and you should have zero problems. However, it is not an undercoating. It does look pretty tho!

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IT IS AN UNDERBODY COATING! Seperate from the bed liner coating. Again as others know with tens of thousands of customers with any product there are some negative viewpoints and/or experiences. But my experience with having it done for over 20 years to my vehicles and most recently my Raptor and Bronco is a good/positive experiance. I recommend getting it done if you have snowy/salted roads. I am not a vendor either just a happy customer.

OP
OP
alexhartang

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IT IS AN UNDERBODY COATING! Seperate from the bed liner coating. Again as others know with tens of thousands of customers with any product there are some negative viewpoints and/or experiences. But my experience with having it done for over 20 years to my vehicles and most recently my Raptor and Bronco is a good/positive experiance. I recommend getting it done if you have snowy/salted roads. I am not a vendor either just a happy customer.
Thank goodness someone with some semblance of logic and common sense has entered the thread LOL

BiggerBrick

Reaction score
Line-x uses ValuGard products for rust prevention/undercoating. Website specifically talks about the downside of rubberized undercoating…so while rubberized coatings are not great, that is not what is used for this application.

Just had my Gen 2 raptor done, btw. I chose this route bc 1) I figured they would do a better job than me given their experience, 2) I would rather spend a few bucks and save time, especially since it doesn’t have to be re-applied every year, and 3) it supports a local business. Also, mine was only $700 for rust prevention/undercoating, so prices vary.