Family is maybe outgrowing Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TroyyyB

Reaction score
A roof rack might make sense as well. This would allow you to put the dogs in the bed (with the dog crates @David Mays recommended) and store luggage, etc. on top. Plus for only $1-2K price range, saves a lot compared to a new SUV. (I don't have one so I can't make any recommendations at this point).

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you should buy the wife a Raptor and drive separately, one with the kids and one with the dogs.

Otherwise, maybe a super duty truck would offer more back seat room or you’re looking at a sprinter van.

1B634716-4677-4D6F-8E5B-8932B1FD9145.jpeg

ECB64CB6-D773-411E-8E2B-0D5F6FD45C84.jpeg

NM156

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I owned a Navigator a while back. We had 2 boys in Little League and a new born. Every weekend was a packing experience. A full size SUV didn't have the space for all the baseball bags and strollers, etc. Now if you really need to drive the around with the doggos all the time, then you're gonna need a big van or maybe even a U-haul. Keep the Raptor, that fits 5 comfortably and plenty of storage space in the bed.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
We have a family of 5 total. Long road trips, Raptor wins every time. We had a Yukon Denali, not the XL. The Raptor or previous F150 Lariat was always the better choice, the bed is where we through all of our "crap". The Yukon since then has a new owner.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hot damn thats sexy...
More pics..
Thanks I appreciate it! I will try to take some this weekend. I have since changed the wheels and ordered ADD front and rear bumpers that should be here next week.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to work with a couple of good Mormons. Both ended up with 14-passenger vans.... might as well bite the bullet

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hot damn thats sexy...
More pics..

A roof rack might make sense as well. This would allow you to put the dogs in the bed (with the dog crates @David Mays recommended) and store luggage, etc. on top. Plus for only $1-2K price range, saves a lot compared to a new SUV. (I don't have one so I can't make any recommendations at this point).
I have a yakima roof rack that works well with raptors. You can use a basket or a cargo box for dry storage. The roof rack is cheaper than the bed rack if I am not mistaken. I used it a lot of my gen 2 but haven't tried it on my gen 3. I think it takes different clips but that is easy to find at any REI or similar store.

Attachments

• y.jpg
    y.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 22