Family is maybe outgrowing Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Get a minivan for the total family & dogs trips, seriously they are the best for road trips and car full of kids shuttling around once you get past the fact that it's a minivan. KEEP the Raptor if you can, then all is well. No SUV can really compete with a minivan, your scenario is exactly what it's designed for. Now if it's your daily as well, that's tough to swallow for us guys, I could never do a minvan as my daily but I had no problem driving it all over the country on family trips. Probably not what you want to hear but...

Last edited:

GoDucks

Reaction score
Get a minivan for the total family & dogs trips, seriously they are the best for road trips and car full of kids shuttling around once you get past the fact that it's a minivan. KEEP the Raptor if you can, then all is well. No SUV can really compete with a minivan, your scenario is exactly what it's designed for. Now if it's your daily as well, that's tough to swallow for us guys, I could never do a minvan as my daily but I had no problem driving it all over the country on family trips. Probably not what you want to hear but...
This is truth! I love it when my friend drives 6 of us and all out fishing gear when we go on our outings. Lots of room for gear and coolers, very comfortable to.

OP
OP
rbraptor

rbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just priced a fully loaded Honda Odyssey and it’s like $51k. I’ve been considering that as well, since the SUV is $85k and still not as big.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I just priced a fully loaded Honda Odyssey and it’s like $51k. I’ve been considering that as well, since the SUV is $85k and still not as big.
A few years back my wife had a loaded Honda Odyessy, was an awesome vehicle. She loved the fact that the doors slide open electrically when she had a newborn in a her hands in a carrier car seat and another kid in tow. No worries about cars parking too close and can't swing doors open to get in. We drove that thing all over the country, put 150K miles on it in a little less than 5 years. I even towed a Harley or two behind it on a few "family" trips, for a little get away. Just keep the Raptor if you can, you will regret not having a truck especially the Raptor

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, for the price of the Expedition I could look more seriously at the Rivian.
I like the Explorer but I agree, it’ll be cramped with 3 kids and 2 dogs.

I haven't looked up the dimensions but the Rivian looks far closer to Explorer size wise than an Expedition.

OP
OP
rbraptor

rbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few years back my wife had a loaded Honda Odyessy, was an awesome vehicle. She loved the fact that the doors slide open electrically when she had a newborn in a her hands in a carrier car seat and another kid in tow. No worries about cars parking too close and can't swing doors open to get in. We drove that thing all over the country, put 150K miles on it in a little less than 5 years. I even towed a Harley or two behind it on a few "family" trips, for a little get away. Just keep the Raptor if you can, you will regret not having a truck especially the Raptor
Plus, they say the Odyssey is the M3 of the minivan world. My sister had one and loved it. If we have another kid, then that’ll probably be the route for me. But definitely want to keep the Raptor.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but isn’t it the same size as the R1T? The R1T is tiny, barely the size of a Tacoma. I’ve seen a lot around where I live since their HQ is close by.
The Rivian is 1'' less wide than the F150. It's bigger than the Tacoma and barely smaller that the F150. Ive had numerous Ford Diesels and the Raptor and my Rivian feels every bit as roomy inside.