Factory HID lights no high's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's probably true, also it's odd that when I tugged on the wiring both lights turned on, then went off again, I'm assuming that both lights won't go on and off again if it's a bulb or ballast issue.

I'll have to dig in there this weekend and see what I find.

Seems like such a waste to have an a reliable light source replaced with something that offers very little performance improvement.

Sounding very much like its the connector between the old headlamp hookup and the conversion harness. If it wasnt put together with dielectric grease and taped up well there could be issues. As much as I liked the quality of the morimoto harness, even that was let down with a poor connector at that point. The terminals popped out on me at least once, result being the symptoms described on this thread. @Stang's solution is probably the most permanent. I wasnt ready to chop into the factory harness like that, eliminating the backup option of swapping in the halogens if something went wrong with my retrofits.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like such a waste to have an a reliable light source replaced with something that offers very little performance improvement.

HIDs are probably one of the best mods you could make to a 2010-2012 Raptor. Believe me you do not want to go back to stock halogens. Should be no reliability issues once you get it properly sorted.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
pitvpr

pitvpr

Reaction score
Problem found! Turns out the culprit is the factory connector, the wires are loose, when I wiggle 'em the lights turn on and off, I cleaned and lubed it then taped it well and the lights work, but I will need to replace it soon.
As far as I know there is no issue with the HID upgrade :tup

IMG_6961_zpst5njz2ok.jpg