Fabtech makes it - Outlaw is offering it! 4" SUSPENSION LIFT (WHAT?! RUCRAZEE?!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's two ways to build a truck for snow.
One is a solid axle with lots of lift and tall skinny tires. Typically a heavier vehicle. The solid axle weight transfers in a way that keeps the tires on something firm.
The idea is to cut through with minimal drag.
The second is usually ifs besides the jeeps. You want as light as possible with wide tires. Idea is to float on top. The ifs keeps it from weight transferring to hard and sending one tire through the snow pack.

Both get stuck in the wrong conditions, but the heavier, solid axle truck on skinny tires has always worked better for me.

The raptor sucks for a lifted build for use in those conditions. I've fragged the front wheel hubs four times now on 35" tires and not even beating on it. How many cv's has netix done in ?
The 4x4 drivetrain is not nearly robust enough for hardcore lifted 4x4 use.
A super duty has a much better drivetrain for traditional 4x4 wheeling.
Raptor+lift=wannabe street queen.

Glo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So frustrating having to read thru 23 pages, in hopes of finding some more tidbits of information in respect to getting a lot more rocker clearance for a Raptor, but ending up getting 21pages of silly back and forth of the same points over and over. Dunno if it could be considered trolling - but a mod in this thread would have probably saved me and others wasting time reading all this 6.2 back and forth BS.

C3855

Reaction score
So I have been reading through this old thread , and have chosen to re -hash this conversation ... So let me start by stating I currently have a 2012 raptor. Now 1st regular f150 with the 5.4 I purchased already lifted , took it for some mild off roading. It had an 8" lift on 22 x14 fuel wheel on 40 15.5 ... Loved the look but the 40's were over kill. So then I hear about the 6.2 and so I traded for a raptor primarily for 6.2. Now im not a fan of look of stock wheel and tire set up on the raptor. (To skinny) I also didn't know a lift kit was irreversible based on my experience from the 1st f150... So I got a fabtec lift and put my 22x14's on the raptor w 38 15.5 .... I didn't even know the stock suspension could be raised at the time . So fast forward I have trimmed the front fenders and bumper a bit to compensate for the rubbing, and I am able to make full u turns no rubbing. Now there's a whole lot of bashing, names being thrown like lift kits are for posers etc... Let me clarify once again , if I knew the lift kit was irreversible I wouldn't have done it ,had I know the fox set up was adjustable , I would have never used the fabtec... but what's done is done so it is what it is .. All that has been about 1 year ago and I have learned allot since .

Now, I dont baby my truck , I take it to a local place where I ride my race quad and dirt bikes. There's enough room so I can get up to about 40 mph, dirt, mud, rutts etc... I have driven over 4 feet dunes, got a little air borne , enough to smack my head on the roof of the truck. Nothing's broke yet . I'm currently having the 3.0's, bump stops, axels, bushings and upper control arms done as well . Now i've watched plenty of videos from TRR. From the videos it doesn't really look that different from what I have already done here expect for big jump. I truly wish I could get off work to come out there and test the truck out but unfortunately I can't get the time but I will be at Roc fest and believe me I will test the truck within means as I am no poser. I like a big beefy truck I like the look of my big ass wheels on my truck . I also like to haul ass and like to do it in the sand or dirt and mud with AC /DC pumping , so if I can have a truck that can do all around and give me the look that I want then it's a win . If something does break yeah it's going to suck but I'm willing to bet some of y'all out there have broken some things due to our driving passions I would hope we would be there to help eachother instead of throwing insults and at the least we'll all be able to finally get some realistic answers to if a lift kit really is a bad thing for raptor. So I look forward to meeting any of you guys, roc fest, raptor expeditions TRR or wherever the hell my adventures take me in my raptor but I can assure that when you meet me in person you will know I am no poser It's one thing to have big balls and give opinions over the World Wide Web because God knows we all have one , but it's another when we're all in person... Now God bless America , God bless FORD and God bless the RAPTOR. ✌️

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

So I have been reading through this old thread , and have chosen to re -hash this conversation ... So let me start by stating I currently have a 2012 raptor. Now 1st regular f150 with the 5.4 I purchased already lifted , took it for some mild off roading. It had an 8" lift on 22 x14 fuel wheel on 40 15.5 ... Loved the look but the 40's were over kill. So then I hear about the 6.2 and so I traded for a raptor primarily for 6.2. Now im not a fan of look of stock wheel and tire set up on the raptor. (To skinny) I also didn't know a lift kit was irreversible based on my experience from the 1st f150... So I got a fabtec lift and put my 22x14's on the raptor w 38 15.5 .... I didn't even know the stock suspension could be raised at the time . So fast forward I have trimmed the front fenders and bumper a bit to compensate for the rubbing, and I am able to make full u turns no rubbing. Now there's a whole lot of bashing, names being thrown like lift kits are for posers etc... Let me clarify once again , if I knew the lift kit was irreversible I wouldn't have done it ,had I know the fox set up was adjustable , I would have never used the fabtec... but what's done is done so it is what it is .. All that has been about 1 year ago and I have learned allot since .

Now, I dont baby my truck , I take it to a local place where I ride my race quad and dirt bikes. There's enough room so I can get up to about 40 mph, dirt, mud, rutts etc... I have driven over 4 feet dunes, got a little air borne , enough to smack my head on the roof of the truck. Nothing's broke yet . I'm currently having the 3.0's, bump stops, axels, bushings and upper control arms done as well . Now i've watched plenty of videos from TRR. From the videos it doesn't really look that different from what I have already done here expect for big jump. I truly wish I could get off work to come out there and test the truck out but unfortunately I can't get the time but I will be at Roc fest and believe me I will test the truck within means as I am no poser. I like a big beefy truck I like the look of my big ass wheels on my truck . I also like to haul ass and like to do it in the sand or dirt and mud with AC /DC pumping , so if I can have a truck that can do all around and give me the look that I want then it's a win . If something does break yeah it's going to suck but I'm willing to bet some of y'all out there have broken some things due to our driving passions I would hope we would be there to help eachother instead of throwing insults and at the least we'll all be able to finally get some realistic answers to if a lift kit really is a bad thing for raptor. So I look forward to meeting any of you guys, roc fest, raptor expeditions TRR or wherever the hell my adventures take me in my raptor but I can assure that when you meet me in person you will know I am no poser It's one thing to have big balls and give opinions over the World Wide Web because God knows we all have one , but it's another when we're all in person... Now God bless America , God bless FORD and God bless the RAPTOR. ✌️

Kytann

Reaction score
I didn't write the post in question. Just making an observation. Especially since I found it easy enough to read and understand.