Fabtech makes it - Outlaw is offering it! 4" SUSPENSION LIFT (WHAT?! RUCRAZEE?!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am sorry, but that is part of the narrow-minded problem. Are you correct, well yes. But for this one particular type of running, and a few others. But how about deep snow? How about sand? Not everyone runs just one type of event lets say. So the individual needs to decide their intended use and do what is the best for them.

Okay, prove it's better in ANY way, a forum is a place to share opinions, if you don't like mine, prove it wrong and I'll apologize, but just arguing with me by trying to beat around the subject will not get me to change my opinion or prove yours

911regular

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we should all end this thread,,I don't want to hear about anybodys ******,,,especially big veiny ones.

Banned
Reaction score
Are you high? I've donee my share of snow wheeling growing up in the Cascades. Smaller trucks like yotas and rangers always do better than the bigger guys. I have friends with IFS lifted half tons and friends with big solid axle 3/4 tons, the lift bracket doesn't make that much difference. Equal lift and equal tires one isn't getting much farther than the other.

This thread is ******. Big purple ******....

No I'm not high. I've never been high.

A solid axle truck lifted vs a IFS truck lifted the same amount, the solid axle will make it through easier. A ranger with a 4" drop bracket lift vs a ranger that's been SAS'd it's pretty obvious the SAS'd one will do better.

For that type of wheeling ifs sucks. Done my fair share of it as well. Always easier with a solid axle.

Not saying its impossible with IFS it's just not as easy and it will get stuck more.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it would suck in deep snow. It's an IFS truck. When you lift IFS truck with these kinda kits, you put a giant wall that will push so much snow up you'll get stuck.

I've been through deeper snow up here than a lifted f150y neighbour use to have for that very reason.

In many cases the vehicle owner that is installing something like this is also going larger tires, that will move that wall up higher to hopefully clear some of the snow. Well Michigan snow, but probably not all of that Canadian snow.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Okay, prove it's better in ANY way, a forum is a place to share opinions, if you don't like mine, prove it wrong and I'll apologize, but just arguing with me by trying to beat around the subject will not get me to change my opinion or prove yours

Next time you are in Michigan we can run the sand dunes and show you show rigs. Might be a little drive for you. Heck not trying to change your opinion, just show that people need to think outside of what their personal experience is.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Seriously man, just quit. That's so uncalled for your not even a part of this discussion.

No, it wasn't as far out of line as you think. What was being said is that a solid-axle vehicle will undoubtedly go farther in snow than one equipped with an IFS drop bracket. The only evidence presented was that "There are more holes for snow to go through"

So, the extra ground clearance in the center over a solid-axle should be discounted? Because it's there. We should also ignore other things such as different gearing and possibly a locker. Let's also ignore the different style of suspension that these setups run that could contribute to the amount of traction. Solid axles are popular for a number or reasons, ease of lifting them, articulation, simplicity and strength. So they generally go into the more hardcore builds which makes them appear to be "superior".

In the example used of a 4" drop bracketed Ranger, vs a SAS Ranger, they're NOT going to be equal because in the real world, the SAS ranger is going to be built a lot more than the IFS one. Nobody just gets up one morning and does a SAS for funsies.

I'll keep debating trivial stuff in here for entertainment until this **** of a thread gets locked.

Hell, if I was to receive one of these kits in the mail I'd slap it on my truck just because it would offend everyone so terribly to "do something like that to a Raptor" We are starting to take each other way too seriously. I realize what my comments said earlier in this thread were and I retract them. I was wrong. The idea that there is an agreed upon formula to build a Raptor "correctly" is just ridiculous.

CB Freshness

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, it wasn't as far out of line as you think. What was being said is that a solid-axle vehicle will undoubtedly go farther in snow than one equipped with an IFS drop bracket. The only evidence presented was that "There are more holes for snow to go through"

So, the extra ground clearance in the center over a solid-axle should be discounted? Because it's there. We should also ignore other things such as different gearing and possibly a locker. Let's also ignore the different style of suspension that these setups run that could contribute to the amount of traction. Solid axles are popular for a number or reasons, ease of lifting them, articulation, simplicity and strength. So they generally go into the more hardcore builds which makes them appear to be "superior".

In the example used of a 4" drop bracketed Ranger, vs a SAS Ranger, they're NOT going to be equal because in the real world, the SAS ranger is going to be built a lot more than the IFS one. Nobody just gets up one morning and does a SAS for funsies.

I'll keep debating trivial stuff in here for entertainment until this **** of a thread gets locked.

Hell, if I was to receive one of these kits in the mail I'd slap it on my truck just because it would offend everyone so terribly to "do something like that to a Raptor" We are starting to take each other way too seriously. I realize what my comments said earlier in this thread were and I retract them. I was wrong. The idea that there is an agreed upon formula to build a Raptor "correctly" is just ridiculous.

I was addressing his need to comment on everything 6.2 says its kind of ridiculous