Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Fabtech 4 inch lift pros and cons

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by JustRaptor1, Oct 18, 2020.

1. SS308

SS308 FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

You are my hero...:33:

2. txgunsntrucks

txgunsntrucks Full Access Member

you are raising an already top heavy truck 4 more inches. of course it has an effect on ride and handling, on and off road. And not in a positive way.

3. Bhollier

Bhollier FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

One big weak point on all those lifts are the shock cradle that links the shock to the LCA. I ended up bending one and breaking the bolt on the other. End up changing out all of that to custom length King coil overs to eliminate the cradle. Gave a much better ride and steering response after.

4. Geoffmp

Geoffmp Full Access Member

How hard were you driving to do that? Considering the BDS lift myself. Also how much did the lift and tires affect your gas mileage? Mine is a daily driver around 2k a month so I have to look at that as well. Appreciate some insight!

5. Clay_Man

Clay_Man Member

Mileage with a 4" lift from Rocky Ridge and 37" Mickey's....... ~ 13-14 mpg driving it a little hard around town but i can get 16 mpg if im really lazy. I was kinda surprised i would get this good of mileage with those 37"

6. Bhollier

Bhollier FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

I never did any Raptor runs or Offroad playing. The truck took a beating running oil lease roads in West and South Texas. If you have ever seen or have been down one you know what I mean. By time I was done with the suspension I have changed almost ever part of the Fabtech lift and even added bracing on the subframe lift.