Fabtech 4 inch lift pros and cons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is all very interesting to me for a number of reasons: forums are great to hear about common problems, issues and to have group input when you have a query. With my CTSV the forum is very similar with the exception of the "why would you do that to your car (in the Raptor's case truck)?" People are all about power, performance and looks with complimentary input pretty much exclusively for those with CTSVs both old gen and the last iteration, mine (love it). Beyond that, this Raptor forum has a generally heavy negative commentary for those that dare to make a physical change to the appearance/performance of "THEIR" Raptors primarily in regards to adding a lift (but not exclusively).

I bought my 2019 Raptor lifted by the dealer with a 100k warranty on the lift alone but includes the drivetrain as well. I want it for a specific reason; off road camping with a custom short bed Lance 650 camper piggyback. I have no desire to really use the Baja drive mode as intended but love off road mud and a bit of rock climbing, that will work I'd say a bit better than a stock Raptor.

I first posted pics of my truck when I signed up for this site, no negatives and a gentleman welcomed me kindly. After reading the negative comments here on the lifted Raptors, I think I will concede to the haters and cancel my account (I'm guessing I won't be missed, lol). One last pic for the haters for I have done a lot to prep her for the camper from: 2500lb rear leaf's and performance mods (geez, am a CTSV guy) for the little 3.5L born from the Great Ford GT and of course exhaling with proper exhaust;-)

View attachment 154285
Show us how you f’d up your V.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also, I'd imagine putting a Prius drivetrain into a CTSV isn't quite like lifting a Raptor..? Maybe engineering 101 would help with analogies.

Did you skip the engineering schematic in the beginning of this thread? Prius powered CTSV is a very relative simile. You would literally be modifying the vehicle from the intended design. And likely have to cut/grind just as many parts in your ecocadi as the fab tech kit. Lol

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mud and a bit of rock climbing, that will work I'd say a bit better than a stock Raptor.
@JustRaptor1 just want to clarify this statement made.

the lift increases center of gravity leading to a higher roll potential, changes the weight to compression ratio of your coils making the truck less “balanced” while going over obstacles, remains factory articulation limits and keeps factory ground clearance, so in regards to pro and con the lift does not “increase” off-road performance, except for potentially it increases the max water line which if your submerging your truck 40” underwater you should invest in a boat not a raptor lol

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is all very interesting to me for a number of reasons: forums are great to hear about common problems, issues and to have group input when you have a query. With my CTSV the forum is very similar with the exception of the "why would you do that to your car (in the Raptor's case truck)?" People are all about power, performance and looks with complimentary input pretty much exclusively for those with CTSVs both old gen and the last iteration, mine (love it). Beyond that, this Raptor forum has a generally heavy negative commentary for those that dare to make a physical change to the appearance/performance of "THEIR" Raptors primarily in regards to adding a lift (but not exclusively).

I bought my 2019 Raptor lifted by the dealer with a 100k warranty on the lift alone but includes the drivetrain as well. I want it for a specific reason; off road camping with a custom short bed Lance 650 camper piggyback. I have no desire to really use the Baja drive mode as intended but love off road mud and a bit of rock climbing, that will work I'd say a bit better than a stock Raptor.

I first posted pics of my truck when I signed up for this site, no negatives and a gentleman welcomed me kindly. After reading the negative comments here on the lifted Raptors, I think I will concede to the haters and cancel my account (I'm guessing I won't be missed, lol). One last pic for the haters for I have done a lot to prep her for the camper from: 2500lb rear leaf's and performance mods (geez, am a CTSV guy) for the little 3.5L born from the Great Ford GT and of course exhaling with proper exhaust;-)

View attachment 154285

Don’t take forum comments too personally. I am by no means a fan of drop subframe lifts, but if you like it then that’s all that matters.

Who is providing the 100k drivetrain warranty? Obviously Ford and Ford Extended Service Plans wouldn’t cover any modified components or factory component failures than can be attributed to the lift and oversize tires.