F11 top coat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F11's main ingredient is silicone. If you know anything about automotive paint, silicone is bad for paint. Over time it will break down the clear coat and lead to premature oxidation. The short term effect is that it looks shiny and sticks to the paint very well (similar to silicone based tire dressing on tires) giving the illusion of added gloss and long term protection. Any good car wash soap will wash it off easily. It is a marketing gimmick at best and a detailing disaster (long term paint damage) at worst. Don't be fooled. F11 is garbage.

Lumadar

Reaction score
F11's main ingredient is silicone. If you know anything about automotive paint, silicone is bad for paint. Over time it will break down the clear coat and lead to premature oxidation. The short term effect is that it looks shiny and sticks to the paint very well (similar to silicone based tire dressing on tires) giving the illusion of added gloss and long term protection. Any good car wash soap will wash it off easily. It is a marketing gimmick at best and a detailing disaster (long term paint damage) at worst. Don't be fooled. F11 is garbage.

Well, I will agree for sure that F11 is garbage, but I would clarify that "silicone" is an incredibly generic term and there are countless variations of silicone that exist, some are bad for rubber or paint, some are not. I can't speak to the ones used in this product, but I can tell you that at least at Meguiar's if and when we use silicones, we only use the kinds that are safe.

Unfortunately Armor All poisoned the well, so to speak, and now most people hear silicone and think it is all bad. Understandable...

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silicone based polymers are in almost every carnuba based product. It’s only bad for fresh paint and the myth that it’s bad for paint after cure, has been debunked more times than not. If the product doesn’t claim to have silicone polymers, it been formulated for body shops.