EZ Down nutsert problem SOLVED!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im on my second one now. when this one goes, I was going to weld a nut to a piece of flat stock and put it in there so its easy to tighten. your wood/wrench does the job as well.

troycrna

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna redo mine and just put locktite and gorilla glue on the threads

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alrite just installed it this way and it works great with after market washers. I wouldn't use the stock washers with the kit, Cause on the 2nd attempt opening it it snap the inside washer lol. Otherwise it seems like a great fix now:waytogo:

OP
OP
Prybar

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that those of you without the step and stripper pole should just have a small access panel over the area that holds the lock mechanism right? So you should be able to just remove this panel and get to the same hole? Or is the tailgate totally different inside for some reason?

Also, if it is bedlined, they should have removed the panel and done them separately so that you can still access the area....right?

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never had issue with the one for my Raptor.

I installed one on my 2012 SuperDuty and the top ball mount snapped off the 4th time I dropped the tailgate. DeeZee was good enough to send me a replacement piece, along with the lower nutsert and all the hardware.

I'll probably look a little closer at the nutsert and the larger washer idea, I never felt good about the first install. The clearance is so close on the SuperDuty, if the Nutsert moves out, I can see all kinds of problems happening.

Good write up!

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
By the way if you dont have a stick like prybar used, Then look in your tool box for a long enough extension for a ratchet set. I just zip tied the 10M wrench to that. Just an idea for you guys.

OP
OP
Prybar

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alrite just installed it this way and it works great with after market washers. I wouldn't use the stock washers with the kit, Cause on the 2nd attempt opening it it snap the inside washer lol. Otherwise it seems like a great fix now:waytogo:

Ohhhh, shoot, I didn't think of that. Those are hardened washers and one of mine broke trying to tighten the nutsert for the 13th time which is why I used different ones. Good catch!:hail:

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

By the way if you dont have a stick like prybar used, Then look in your tool box for a long enough extension for a ratchet set. I just zip tied the 10M wrench to that. Just an idea for you guys.

Also a great idea!

troycrna

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Attn people with the Dee Zee EZ down

So after tightening the worthless bolt on the tailgate for the 15th time it finally broke. I emailed dz for a replacement bolt at they sent me a whole new setup that is engineered much better. The new setup's tailgate bolt is an expandable retainer that seems to lock in a lot better. The new setup doesn't bind the cable as much either. If you have the old one give them an email.

Atticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after tightening the worthless bolt on the tailgate for the 15th time it finally broke. I emailed dz for a replacement bolt at they sent me a whole new setup that is engineered much better. The new setup's tailgate bolt is an expandable retainer that seems to lock in a lot better. The new setup doesn't bind the cable as much either. If you have the old one give them an email.

I just ordered one of these...should be here any day now. How will I know if it is the new or the old set-up? Do you have a part # or a pic?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter