EZ Down nutsert problem SOLVED!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttagliareni

Reaction score
You are a genius! I struggled with that stupid Nutsert for hours Friday night and Saturday morning. I ultimately found your post and not only does it work it was easy thanks to all the detail you provided! I followed your instructions and had the job done in an hour. Can't thank you enough!!!

NOLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this adds to the conversation much, but on my 2014 SCREW I used the internet bought package, installed it exactly as instructed. It lasted about 7 months then the ball mount started bending up. It always held, just looked crappy and I didn't like knowing it was like that in the back of my head.

I called the company and the guy was really nice and said there was a redesign of the part for my truck (Didn't know if he meant year or model or what), said it was barely in production and would send me one and asked that I hit him back if it worked good for me.

That was at least seven months ago again, prob nine, and its absolutely solid, hasn't moved a bit.

You don't even want to know the ******* nightmare it was to get the old insert out. If anyone wants my way to do it, I can post it later.

So the moral of this story is. But a new model one, from the factory, you stand the best chance of getting the newer part than buying NOS from online.

NOLA

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent!

I just got mine in the mail and installed with the mod instructions. It went perfectly. I think the company should really change their instructions to this way. They would save money by not including the nutsert and tool.

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did mine this way too over a year ago, no issues. I used a nylock nut and some blue locktite to make sure it wouldn't loosen.

Jimncolleen

Reaction score
This post saved me a bunch of time trying find a replacement for the crush nut. Mine was never really solid after initial install but it worked. I finally got the original out and was looking to find a replacement when i came across this post. It literally took me 15 min to find the correct nut and other items to do this work around and I love it. For me this fix feels more solid than the initial one. Thanks so much for this post, I know its an older post but thanks any way!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This post saved me a bunch of time trying find a replacement for the crush nut. Mine was never really solid after initial install but it worked. I finally got the original out and was looking to find a replacement when i came across this post. It literally took me 15 min to find the correct nut and other items to do this work around and I love it. For me this fix feels more solid than the initial one. Thanks so much for this post, I know its an older post but thanks any way!
Glad it worked out for yeah.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score

FYI, here is an updated link for the 1/2" stud. I already installed the one included in the kit, but I bought this one in case it loosens.

10MM Ball Nitro-Prop Spring Strut Stud Mount Pin Bolt 5/16 SAE Shaft 1/2" Long | eBay

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FINALLY did this last night after the 3rd time my nutsert broke. It loosened and would not tighten anymore... A bitch to get out.

stevelp99

Reaction score
The quality of the hardware supplied could of been a bit better. Just hoping it holds because removing it doesn't look fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter