Extended Warranty - Yes or No??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Brother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Wanna Raptor I got the warranty from this guy Ford Extended Warranty and have had no issues and I'm in Canada would recommend them to anyone. The dealer here wanted $4.6k for the same warranty I got from him at $1.7k

Sent from my Note2

I have called these guys for the past two days and left messages. No call back...

Did you order it online?

Big Brother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got someone to call me back after three days of leaving messages on their machine. The pricing on their website, is the pricing they offer. Great pricing by the way. I told my dealer what I was quoted for the warranty I was looking at, and he said if they did it for that amount, they would loose money.

I'll be picking one up next week.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am debating an extended warranty.

My issues is headers/exhaust/tune/bumpers/tires/wheels/suspension/etc upgrades that i have or plan on getting in the next year.

Plus im still only at 22k miles right now. Any guys use these things with some decent mods on the truck? I would hate to spend 1k+ and then have to fight for an AC vent to get replaced because i have mods.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anything not modified would be cover without hassle. Dealers are pretty good about these days. If you have a tire problem after you replaced it with aftermarket tires then they will not cover that. But with all the things that go wrong if the modification did not cause it then your covered....

gcmj45acp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on keeping the truck until it blows up and was wondering what you guys paid for an extended warranty or if you think it's worth it. I'm pondering the 100k extended warranty.

If you're keeping the truck 'til the wheel fall off or you're like me an put a ton of miles on it before it's even two years old, then I'd consider it. I did the 100k extended warranty and it saved me from having to buy a new wiper motor and paying for the install at 55,000 miles. Instead, it was $100 and I was back on the road. If you're the average mileage type or get new cars every four or five years it might not be worth it.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only put it on mine because I put a ton of miles on and it makes it easier to sell with a warranty

Sent from my Note2

Mongoose71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Extended Warranty???

Assuming that I go ahead and buy my Raptor, should I try to negotiate a discount on an extended service plan into the deal?

I'm keeping my current truck for work and hunting, so the Raptor will only be seeing maybe 5K miles a year.

I've never been a fan of extended service agreements, but I have a feeling that Raptor repairs are very expensive.

Reaction score
You don't have to buy the Extended Warranty right after the purchase. You can purchase it at any time before the original warranty expires. It is in fact negotiable.

I have a dealer that I bought my ESP from and it was the lowest priced in the USA. And I looked, trust me. Called over 40 dealers and none could touch this dealer. The warranty was $1500 cheaper then what I was quoted here in Toronto, ON. Give them a call and compare quotes to other dealers. I think you'll be surprised.

TIPTON FORD, INC.
965 East Jefferson, Tipton, IN 46072
Call Us Now: (888) 863-4308