Extended warranty and other dealer options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought a Flood Ford ESP warranty for 8 years, 100k miles for $1,535; $100 deductible.

The prices they gave you are too much. A Ford Warranty is a Ford Warranty no matter where you get it...

https://www.floodfordesp.com Best prices around unless your dealer will match them. Mine said they can't even touch their prices so bought it the night I brought my truck home online. $1500 is cheap in my opinion for the warm fuzzies and you can cash it out if you sell it or transfer it to the new owner which adds value to the resale price.

My vehicles insurance covers glass for like $45 a year... already had one claim for a chip within the first month. Repair not replacement. They said the repair was about $100 (cash would do it for $50 probably at a carwash) and the actual OEM windshield is about $600 retail.

Last edited:

MWoods26

Reaction score
I believe you can buy extended warranty at anytime before the original warranty expires

This is true but the sales pitch I got more than once is that the price will be higher the closer to the end of your factory warranty... who knows. I ended up getting the 8 year 100k for 1736.00 They claimed that was a dollar over their cost. Im not that gullible but I thought it was well worth the piece of mind at that price and not worth dealing with flood ford or any place out side of my local dealer to save a few bucks.

drjbeyer

Reaction score
Just went on their site and purchased 5 year, 125K miles ESP for 1185 with 200 deductible. Can't beat that - dealer wanted over 2k...

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer I was talking to told me that ford reassesses their warranty costs every October and that's when the plans usually go up in $. Can't say i know this to be true but you may want to keep an eye on it if your thinking about buying an esp.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

waldoaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say no to all. Normally don't keep my cars last 5-6 years. You can go to discount and get tire warranty for under $250. Windshield, most insurances can add it.

As long as your not modifying the truck to the extreme then i would not.

Also, normally if someone can afford a truck this expensive, then I'm sure you can cover small to mid price repairs with no problem.

Also, you can always add extended powertrain later on.

But it is completely buyers choice. I rather not give the stealerrship anymore money.

Gunnut

Reaction score
Keep in mind that Ford warranty will be used first, so if a person buys a 5 year warranty outside of the Ford warranty, the Ford warranty will pay up first. According to my salesman it's a 3 yr 36k warranty. So the price for a 5 year warranty is for only the 2 years outside the Ford warranty.

Also, most extended warranties require a person to keep all maintenance records and show proof of all required maintenance before they pay up.