Extend Warranty or Warranty In General.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hj_s14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just curious, do you guy buy extended warranty for the Raptor? Or any sort of warranty or careplan?

If you do, do you go directly to Ford or Floodford or ?

Thanks

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Some of us have, some haven’t. It really depends on how much you’re going to modify the truck, what you’re using it for and how long you intend to keep it.

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following as mine just hit 25k miles. I have the regular warranty but it seems with the cam phasers I should get the extended

duracell24

Reaction score
I went 8/100k extended w/$100 deductible. Paid $1502. For me, it was worth the peace of mind for another 5 years of warranty.

Standard dealer tactics...pulled me into the back room, I told them I was only interested in an extended warranty, and they quoted me at something close to $3k for the 8/100. I told them I could get it for $1500, they said BS, I showed them the Flood Ford quote on my phone, they offered to match and I took it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hj_s14

hj_s14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that’s exactly the input I’m looking for :)
So you wait after 3 years 36k miles and do that? Or get it a bit ahead before ford factory warranty expires?

Beside that, anyone would recommend getting any other warranty ? Mine is barely 1500 miles , I won’t mod much of the truck beside some minor stuffs like fog light, or wheels, and other lighting etc. Any suggestion? Or the Ford original 36k miles is enough?

Thanks

I went 8/100k extended w/$100 deductible. Paid $1502. For me, it was worth the piece of mind for another 5 years of warranty.

Standard dealer tactics...pulled me into the back room, I told them I was only interested in an extended warranty, and they quoted me at something close to $3k for the 8/100. I told them I could get it for $1500, they said BS, I showed them the Flood Ford quote on my phone, they offered to match and I took it.

Jason Snokhous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went 8/100k extended w/$100 deductible. Paid $1502. For me, it was worth the piece of mind for another 5 years of warranty.

Thanks for posting. I didn’t know about this option. Strongly considering now.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from flood ford 5yr up to 100k miles for $1200. I waited 2 days before a full year of ownership just to see if warranties do go up in price like dealerships say. The difference after 1 year was only $100. on the total cost of warranty. I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to purchase but flood ford was the cheapest I found and with the extra warranty I get rental car if my truck ever goes in to shop. figure now a days $1200 is cheap insurance for this type of truck. I have a 2018 13k miles no problems.

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on buying one from flood....2018 w/ 29000 miles and have had the cam phasers and apim module replaced already. wifes 2019 expedition had a bad apim from the factory....i think an extended warranty is a must these days

Nickshu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one through Ford to 100K I think. Pro rated refund if I sell the truck before then. With the cam phaser issue I figured it's good piece of mind. Usually I am not a warranty guy but in this case I decided to go for it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Two cautionary tales.
1) Don’t buy an aftermarket / non-Ford backed warranty. Expect a dogfight if the policy ever has to pay out any significant repair. Delays, denial by default, appeals, settlement offers, maybe even court. They can be worth it for small repairs, but anything 4 digits and up is going to be not smooth as silk.

2) if you get the ESP from Ford, be wary of using a “provided” loaner car while the car is in the shop and still under the warranty period covered by your state’s lemon law.
IF you have to go this route, the time that you have the provided loaner may not count towards the minimum down time requirement. I was offered a loaner for the door latch recall work and declined it, but the seat belt recall I did take the rental. Not sweating a single day - but consider this if you’re still in the “lemon law” period.