Expected Gas Mileage for 2017 Raptor? (10-Speed Transmission)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Final drive gear ratio with the TQ locked up probably not much difference in RPM at 70 mph compared to our trucks, but that statement makes me wonder what gear ratios Ford will end up using in the differentials? 4:10? The addition of the 10 speed tranny , they might be able to get away with a 3:xx , depending on the rpm range they are targeting for the ecoboost at cruising speed.

LSBRaptor

Reaction score
I agree with this. 10 speed tranny may make a small difference but I would not expect much. Everyone I know that has an Eco Boost has been disappointed with MPGs. Anyone that has modded one with larger tires is getting worse MPGs than a Raptor.

Yeah the Ecoboost is doing bad with a 6 speed compared to the v8 with 8 speed. Your right it will not Benefit from a ten speed. What was ford thing it should be worse

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

In normal mode on the highway. I wouldn't be suprised to see It in the low 20s. In the sport and other mode i expect to see it in the mid to high teens

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The TTV6 being considered a fuel saving power plant is a joke. I had a '13 Platinum and it didn't get any better mileage than my Raptor driven the same. Off road, it drank gas. At 65-70 mph, it was a tick better. But who drives that slow? Wind these V6's up and they gulp gas as fast as a V8. If the TTV6 is driven tamely and a person keeps the revs low, then it will be an improvement over the 6.2L. Saying that, the pavement princesses will brag and the off road guys will be disappointed if the were looking for an improvement - gas mileage wise......

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been trolling the net and the New f150 Eco boosts and aluminum bodies are still getting well below what my old 2005 Nissan Titan gets, and it has plenty of power. Really is looking that despite the innovation and billions spent fuel mileage is barely ticking up. Certainly a 10 spd will help. But sure seems the turbos are not cutting it.

D

Deleted member 17706

The last couple of weeks I drove a 16 king ranch with under 10,000 miles that averaged 14.2, and I drove a 16 platinum with about the same mileage that averaged 16.3 both had the EcoBoost. So gas improvement will not be what some of you think. That's why Ford opted for the "10-speed" but even with that, I seriously doubt you're going to get anywhere close to 20. I know a guy who has the Ram eco diesel, and he drives 2500 miles a week, and that has an eight speed, and he averages 21 mpg.

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
But who drives that slow?

I do :frown:

Speed limit on the freeways here is still 65. But everyone freaks when they go that fast... It's insane. Northern CA drivers have to be some of the worst. It's honestly astounding. I spend most of my time in the 60-70 mph range. Over 70 on the freeway and you end up just running into the back of people that much faster. It's awful. So given the speed I tend to drive at, I hope to see an improvement. Plus on my 20 mile drive to work at 5 am, 55 MPH dark, empty, country roads make for fun, or good MPG depending on how you want to play it.

Offroad, I don't care what MPG I get. I basically write that off as being included to have fun. I get around 11 or less. On road though.. I have good road manners, and I still only get 12.3 MPG.. ****.

With the new Raptor, I think it's safe to say 13-14 city, 17-20 highway, and 16-18 combined.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TTV6 being considered a fuel saving power plant is a joke. I had a '13 Platinum and it didn't get any better mileage than my Raptor driven the same. Off road, it drank gas. At 65-70 mph, it was a tick better. But who drives that slow? Wind these V6's up and they gulp gas as fast as a V8. If the TTV6 is driven tamely and a person keeps the revs low, then it will be an improvement over the 6.2L. Saying that, the pavement princesses will brag and the off road guys will be disappointed if the were looking for an improvement - gas mileage wise......

Unless you had a tailwind on a perfectly level road, I was constantly into the boost on my trucks. My FX4 SCAB gave me better mileage than my 157" King Ranch SCREW, which was around a 13 average. I average about 14-15 in the raptor, and it doesn't seem affected by any winter blend fuel. I can't see the 17 raptor averaging any better than 15.

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know some of you 2017 guys are coming from Prius's, Chevy Volts and stuff like that but sorry to break it to you but this is still performance oriented truck and it won't even be close to breaking 20 mpg's on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk