GEN 1 Exhaust Manifold Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
after you do yours, you will have become a seasoned pro. do mine next. my drivers side rear stud is broken. along with both bolts coming off the headers going to the down pipe. it smeels like exhaust in my truck, but i just drive with the windows down
LMAO... I aint doing mine until I yank the 6.2 for a 7.3 swap.

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the middle of this right now. Developed a really loud exhaust leak when cold on the right side. Dropped it off at mechanic on Monday. One of the studs (bolts?) broke while the manifold was coming out. He is trying to fix with the engine in but isn't sure he can. If not it will be engine out. Which, if so, I will have him replace both manifolds just to be safe (the manifolds are cheap). 95k miles on my truck but it is supercharged and I beat the **** out of it in Baja. Still cheaper then buying a new Raptor :)

Tommysyko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the middle of this right now. Developed a really loud exhaust leak when cold on the right side. Dropped it off at mechanic on Monday. One of the studs (bolts?) broke while the manifold was coming out. He is trying to fix with the engine in but isn't sure he can. If not it will be engine out. Which, if so, I will have him replace both manifolds just to be safe (the manifolds are cheap). 95k miles on my truck but it is supercharged and I beat the **** out of it in Baja. Still cheaper then buying a new Raptor :)
Does he have to pull the motor for access to the stud? Did he have to pull the Whipple off already or that only comes off if he has to pull the motor? I'm supercharged and am getting the possible manifold tick and am toying with the idea to do it myself to replace the gaskets/manifolds.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just be glad there aren't turbos involved as well!
Like my 2012 3.5 ecoboost. The P-side turbocharger coolant line is leaking. I confirmed it with the uv dye test. It's the fitting between the turbo & the motor, so a lot of stuff has to come off. This is gonna be fun.

Attachments

• 20231218_164609.jpg
    20231218_164609.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20231218_170930.jpg
    20231218_170930.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 7