Engine break in period

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mbling52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What dealer in MT did you get your Raptor from? I went to Laurel, MT for mine

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

You guys do know break-in is covered in the manual, right? I know no one RTFM but I thought I'd ask in case you want to look it up. :crazy:

got it from the guys at Lithia in Missoula. Aside from our dealer back in Seattle they were the best I've ever worked with, and I have nothing but good things to say. paid 5 over, but I figured I would give them the money rather than charles sena in cali who kept boasting about how great he is selling raptors at 18k over...

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
got it from the guys at Lithia in Missoula. Aside from our dealer back in Seattle they were the best I've ever worked with, and I have nothing but good things to say. paid 5 over, but I figured I would give them the money rather than charles sena in cali who kept boasting about how great he is selling raptors at 18k over...

Wow.

I paid sticker in MT.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was pretty adamant at paying sticker but it was a week before 2017 orders closed so I said **** it. Glad I did cuz otherwise I wouldn't have an AG. Dealers back in seattle were asking upwards of 15k over lol...

It sounds like you didn't call around to multiple dealers for an MSRP price.

I'm only commenting since other prospective buyers will likely read this and think they can't get a Raptor at MSRP which they can - if they spend some time searching.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If you paid 5k over, it seems there's at least one obviously bad thing you can say.

Mbling52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you didn't call around to multiple dealers for an MSRP price.

I'm only commenting since other prospective buyers will likely read this and think they can't get a Raptor at MSRP which they can - if they spend some time searching.

fair enough. I did my research and called what felt like every dealer along the west coast (all the dealers in cali and seattle were ******* ridiculous). I did find a few for msrp but they were all the way over on the east coast and I didn't mind to pay the markup to have the truck customized to my liking

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

If you paid 5k over, it seems there's at least one obviously bad thing you can say.

nope not really. I'm happy to give the extra business to a local Missoulian rather than some ***** in los angeles. You're paying a markup for a truck in high demand, thats business and I understand it. I just don't respect people like Charles at Ken Grody Ford in cali who try to justify a 18.5k markup by explaining how great their dealer is and how many cars they sell.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The manual says not to labor the engine for the first 1000. This is matched by pretty much every auto manual ever (for good reason) so take that for what it is worth. I didn't get mine higher than 3.5k prior to 1000. Soon as I hit 1000 tho...boom went the dynamite