Engine Block Heater Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnnyBGood

Reaction score
Folks,

I have noted that Ford is recalling 874K trucks to correct a wiring defect on the engine block heater.

Do all Raptors come with this installed?

Or is it a dealer installed option?

Thanks, JohnnyB

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's optional for all F150's. My truck purchased in Detroit doesn't have one. Your window sticker should show whether your truck was equipped with one or not, and you'd also see the cord hanging down below the headlight in the open area of the front bumper if yours had it.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plug in your truck's blanky or get in crash and your 75k truck goes up in puff of smoke. Wtf. My truck can burn to the ground since dealers ain't touching my truck unless the engine blows up. :Rant:

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it. It's a factory option, and I thought why not? I can use it when it gets very cold. Well now I need to deal with this recall. I would think that the shorting and potential for fire are only when the engine block heater is plugged in, so there isn't danger if one doesn't use it.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called my dealer and they looked up the VIN and say there is no recall on my truck. So not sure WTH is going on.

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know specifically what connector it is? Mine came with the block heater and I'd rather just put dielectric grease in myself.