Electrical system died-help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jocdmd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is what happened: I drove truck home from church, shut it down, my 3 year wanted to play, he turned the ignition key and instead of starting it just made one click. And now it's dead- when I put the key in there's nothing- it wont start, no dash lights, beeps, sounds, buttons on key don't work- nothing just dead. Battery is good. Any ideas???? Fuse????

NorCalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy is having the same issue. His rear tail lights did not work. The next morning the entire electrical system was dead. Then randomly the system turned on and he drove to the dealer. The dealer said the truck was fine after running there check.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dan

Goofball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Im not goint to say we have the exact problem but I had a similar experience. I always listen to the radio when I cleaning the interior. Never had a problem until 2 weeks ago.. Battery was dead and had to jump it. Fast forward to this weekend and it did the same thing except when I jumped it this time and drove for an hour... Turned it off and then nothing. Turned out to be bad battery. Shit happens I guess. I didn't even try the dealer. Just picked up a good new motorcraft and all is well.

6point2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem a couple days ago. I unconnected the battery for 10-15 minutes and it worked.