HELP!! Code U0300

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red_mr2

Reaction score
Hi guys, i own a 2012 Gen 1 6.2 raptor with 145,000 miles on it. i recently purchased this truck and it was a prior border patrol truck. when i bought the truck it had a strange idle issue where it felt like a slight misfire, but i thought it was vacuum leak or something since the idle would drop and go back up to normal. Drove the truck one day and it stalled on me when i came to a complete stop exiting the highway. low oil pressure light came on, i turned the key off and turn the truck back on and it drove like nothing happened. a few days later as im driving the truck started to shake like it had a bad misfire, the wrench light came on, and my accelerator was not responding. i pulled over, turned the truck off immediately and turned it back on, and the wrench light was gone and the truck drove like nothing ever happened with no wrench light on. took it to my friend that has a good snap-on scanner and did an scan for codes and no codes were present. took the truck out again and randomly stalled while parked. Yesterday, i went out again and the same wrench light came on with all the same symptoms as before but this time i let the symptoms play out which were engine felt like a misfire, no accelerator response, and eventually the truck stalled. this time, when i turned the truck back on, i got a check engine light which was code U0300 (internal control module software incompatibility). has anyone ever had this issue? the stalling and wrench light take a while to happen any help would be appreciated. hoping its something that i can fix quickly. I've only owned the truck like 3 weeks.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
U0300 indicates incompatible software levels within the PCM that control the electronic throttle control (ETC) system. It can be caused by a corrupt calibration, low voltage to the PCM, or a failed PCM.

The first thing to do is check the power and grounds to the PCM. Check the PCM connectors for damage, corrosion, and proper seating. Also check the BJB (fuse box) for the same issues. If there’s no visual issues, the power and grounds should be verified with a multimeter.

If no power or ground issues are found, the PCM should be reprogrammed with a scan tool. Ford IDS has the capability of performing Programmable Module Installation (PMI).

OP
OP
R

red_mr2

Reaction score
U0300 indicates incompatible software levels within the PCM that control the electronic throttle control (ETC) system. It can be caused by a corrupt calibration, low voltage to the PCM, or a failed PCM.

The first thing to do is check the power and grounds to the PCM. Check the PCM connectors for damage, corrosion, and proper seating. Also check the BJB (fuse box) for the same issues. If there’s no visual issues, the power and grounds should be verified with a multimeter.

If no power or ground issues are found, the PCM should be reprogrammed with a scan tool. Ford IDS has the capability of performing Programmable Module Installation (PMI).
thank you for the reply. i checked around for any bad wiring, i unplugged the pcm and checked the connectors and everything seemed ok. im going to have to take it to my mechanic so they can check the voltage and all that. im hoping i dont have to get a new pcm. im not sure how much a dealer would charge me.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at a couple Border Patrol Raptors in El Paso before I found mine in Andrews heh, some of them were definitely rode hard and put up wet! One thing to dovetail with @FordTechOne's post;
low voltage to the PCM
Make sure the battery is new or very good condition, lotsa systems will freak the F out when a battery is low or going bad. Some of the symptoms might point to Fuse 27, has that been done? You might also check the FPDM connector, it lives above the spare and prone to crud in the connector. Just other things I would look at, good luck!

OP
OP
R

red_mr2

Reaction score
I looked at a couple Border Patrol Raptors in El Paso before I found mine in Andrews heh, some of them were definitely rode hard and put up wet! One thing to dovetail with @FordTechOne's post;

Make sure the battery is new or very good condition, lotsa systems will freak the F out when a battery is low or going bad. Some of the symptoms might point to Fuse 27, has that been done? You might also check the FPDM connector, it lives above the spare and prone to crud in the connector. Just other things I would look at, good luck!
the one i purchased came from el centro border patrol and it definitely has some stories to tell. i purchased this truck in san diego and drove it home about 150 miles and had no problems. it wasnt until the next day that i started having these issues. i did the fuse 27 relocation last weekend and it did not help at all. i have no issues with the truck cranking over and starting, so im pretty sure the battery is ok. i dident check the FPDM but i will now just to see if that might help. I was driving yesterday and the wrench light came on and truck started acting up again, i did get a code p2111 and the truck did not die this time. im leaning towards the PCM as being bad or the software being corrupt.