Eibach Pro-lift springs installed with pics and comments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is why I haven't installed my Eibachs yet - besides the price of the rear leafs - I am adding these springs up front for following reasons - coming from a 2.5" "liftted" GMC that I added 1" taller blocks in rear to keep raked look - I HATE HATE HATE the nose high look & I WILL haul/tow occasionally - I want the added ground clearance up front & slightly more controlled handling, but I am not willing to do it while sacrificing the trucks already weak payload & making a "barely level" or "slightly nose high" stance into an EXTREMELY nose high embarrassing look - and im sure over time even if you don't do much work stuff w/ the truck eventually as the rear springs/shocks wear w/ just the eibachs up front you'll wind up perpetually slightly nose high.

And comments like this throw a wrench into my plan yet again lol - may just sell the eibachs - that's how much I HATE nose-high stance.

I've heard all differing stuff - that combo of eibachs w/ deavers +2 is level, +3 is supposedly stock slightly raked stance empty, +3HD is supposedly stock/slightly raked stance empty but when laden won't go into full "nose high" mode & allow for more constant payload in bed.

Now I'm hearing Deaver +4 is the key to preventing nose high look while empty and/or towing/hauling???? What about the "HD" designation??

This is an expensive mistake to make - I wanna get it right lol

I WANT the rear perched @ least 1-1.5" higher than the front end in ALL conditions or close to all conditions as I can get. The other question would be when it comes to Deaver +3 HD's vs. standard +4s - will the HDs ride worse unladen - more like an HD truck?? Is it a pre-requisite that you ALWAYS keep a certain amount of weight in bed to have a decent ride if you run the +3HD setup?

This is very confusing. The varying angles people take pics of their raptors once the suspension is modified + the huge tire setup really makes it tough to get a feel for what the different setups really do to the stance of the truck. In person is really the only way IMO

Deaver +2 is stock height. Deaver +3 is 1" taller. Deaver +4.5 is 2.5" taller.

The Eibachs are meant to level the truck. Some truck appear nose taller because the fenders aren't the same height front/rear. Some trucks do end up actually being taller. You can verify by putting a level on your step bars and then put a level on the ground your parked on and see if they're the same or if the truck is actually nose high.

Also, Deaver HD springs are meant for constant weight (ie. chase rack, gear, topper, etc.). The HD will ride similar to stock, it's not rough unloaded like a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck.

You're not going to get the rear to be 1" to 1.5" taller under ALL conditions if you're referring to when you have a trailer hooked up. These trucks are going to sag......unless you add helper springs.

----------------------------------------

My professional recommendation:
1. Install your Eibach springs and see what your height comes out to be front/rear.
2. Then, figure out how tall you need to go in the rear. If you only want the rear 1" taller...go the cheap route and install a 3" rear lift block. If you want the rear 2" taller, then get 4" lift blocks. We carry them.
3. Install Timbren helper springs when you're towing. These are rubber springs that will help keep you from having trailer sag.

Between the lift blocks and the Timbren helper springs, you're looking at $365. Then, once you know the height and you don't want it to sag, you can always get Deavers later if you want to ditch the blocks for upgraded springs.

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great information and clarification Nick! I’ve been wondering what the right fit for me might be as well. I think this helped guide me in the right direction. Awesome...

Glad to help! It's confusing stuff, but we've been doing it for quite awhile now and try to take the guesswork out of it for folks.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nick, I have a few questions regarding your post:

1. Also, Deaver springs are meant for constant weight. The HD will ride similar to stock, it's not rough unloaded like a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck.
    So if the HD Deavers ride similar to stock, does that mean that the regular Deavers are softer than stock?
  2. These trucks are going to sag......unless you add helper springs. [...] Then, once you know the height and you don't want it to sag, you can always get Deavers later if you want to ditch the blocks for upgraded springs.
    Your first sentence seems to indicate that all springs will sag unless you get Timbrens, but then your second sentence says if you don't want it to sag, then get Deavers. Am I missing something, or just not understanding?
Thanks!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nick, I have a few questions regarding your post:

1. So if the HD Deavers ride similar to stock, does that mean that the regular Deavers are softer than stock?
  2. Your first sentence seems to indicate that all springs will sag unless you get Timbrens, but then your second sentence says if you don't want it to sag, then get Deavers. Am I missing something, or just not understanding?
Thanks!

Sorry if I didn't make this clear. HD Deavers ride similar to stock, regular Deavers ride softer.

The standard Deaver springs are more compliant both on-and-off road. But this comes at a cost...towing/hauling capacity. The OEM setup is a do-it-all setup, so it's an adequate blend of comfort, performance, and load holding. You can't really have all 3.

The HD springs will sag less than standard springs. But they will still sag. As @Badgertits posted, he wants zero sag when towing, so my recommendation for him was Timbren helper springs and making the rear taller. That'll be best recommendation against no sag.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry if I didn't make this clear. HD Deavers ride similar to stock, regular Deavers ride softer.

The standard Deaver springs are more compliant both on-and-off road. But this comes at a cost...towing/hauling capacity. The OEM setup is a do-it-all setup, so it's an adequate blend of comfort, performance, and load holding. You can't really have all 3.

The HD springs will sag less than standard springs. But they will still sag. As @Badgertits posted, he wants zero sag when towing, so my recommendation for him was Timbren helper springs and making the rear taller. That'll be best recommendation against no sag.

best explanation thus far I’d say. FWIW I actually called deaver directly & based on what I described above they recommended that I go w/ deaver +3 HDs, but I’m sure will need something like those timbrens prevent frame from fully bottoming out

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
best explanation thus far I’d say. FWIW I actually called deaver directly & based on what I described above they recommended that I go w/ deaver +3 HDs, but I’m sure will need something like those timbrens prevent frame from fully bottoming out

If you're going to do Deavers, in your case, I would also recommend the +3HD.