Eibach Pro-lift springs installed with pics and comments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle Nezat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll be putting my summer mud tires on soon so I will indeed check to see if the UCA is hitting the spring. I went with the springs because one of the selling points was that they would not hit the UCA’s versus collars. Maybe I’m just too **** and I hear every little sound and need to know where it’s coming from. At least that’s what my wife says....
Let me know what you come up with. I’ll be waiting to install my springs now

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just took delivery of my Eibach springs today; following to see if the noise gets resolved before I get mine installed.

Furthermore, is there a way to tell which spring rate I got; old rate vs new rate?

FrenchRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would love to hear from Neogarage or Nick from Apollo-Optics regarding the “clunk” I heard and whether they believe it could in any way be coming from the UVA hitting the spring. I don’t believe that can happen with the springs. If anything at all it might simply be the shock bolt torque or something minor. Can’t imagine anything serious. Who knows, might all hust be in my head....lol

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed a clunk from the front end this weekend and am wondering what it could be. Had the Eibach springs installed and made sure they torqued the shock bolt to 406ft/lbs. went over a pretty good rise in the road and when the nose of the truck was in the highest position and the shock dropped down after clearing the rise, I heard a noticeable clunk from the front end. Anyone experienced anything similar after the Eibach installs??

First of all, check your torque settings and inspect all suspension parts for rubbing. Could be an easy smoking gun; however, there are a handful of threads talking about this. Most recent is here:

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/clunky-eibachs-sanity-check-needed-update.73560/

Long and short of it is to give the springs 1000 miles or so to settle in. Most folks come back saying the noise either greatly reduced or disappeared around then.

A couple days after my install I got a nasty clunk going over a speed bump I've done a million times with the stock springs. I have almost 1000 miles on my Eibachs now. They've definitely settled as initially they were between 1/4"-1/2" nose high, now they are nearly level with the rear (center of hub to fender). I can say the speed bump noise is certainly less now and is trending to be gone after another 1000 miles.

Hang in there! To all others waiting to install your Eibachs, just do it. I can honestly say it is the best modification I've made to my truck.

FrenchRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks CHMP! I’ll check into things to make sure all is tight hut will also give things some time to break in. There is some talk in the other Eibach thread about doing a “reset of the live active shocks”. Coming from a Gen1 without these newer shocks, what does that “reset” entail?? Any links to read through?

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks CHMP! I’ll check into things to make sure all is tight hut will also give things some time to break in. There is some talk in the other Eibach thread about doing a “reset of the live active shocks”. Coming from a Gen1 without these newer shocks, what does that “reset” entail?? Any links to read through?

My understanding is the live valve shocks reset themselves every time the ignition is cycled.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would love to hear from Neogarage or Nick from Apollo-Optics regarding the “clunk” I heard and whether they believe it could in any way be coming from the UVA hitting the spring. I don’t believe that can happen with the springs. If anything at all it might simply be the shock bolt torque or something minor. Can’t imagine anything serious. Who knows, might all hust be in my head....lol

The only time we've heard the reported clunk issue has been from the lower shock bolt torque. As for as UCA contact, that doesn't sound very likely.

As for the shock reset, cycle the ignition without starting the vehicle on the 2019+ live valve shocks.

Hope this helps and you're able to get it figured out!