Eibach Pro-lift springs installed with pics and comments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tbutkus

Reaction score
Dealer said they would do mine as well. Still not sure how that would fix rebound thump as shocks are only live valved for compression?

bviperd

Reaction score
I had the same issue after I had the Eibachs installed on my 2020 SCREW (still waiting for Icon leafs for the rear). Since I had the Eibachs installed by the dealer, I took my truck back to them to have the shocks reset and that got rid of the issue.
What exactly did you ask the dealer to do? Were they familiar with the process? It doesn’t sound like the dealer I called knows what they are doing. But perhaps I can guide them in the right direction.

JBKeiser

Reaction score
What exactly did you ask the dealer to do? Were they familiar with the process? It doesn’t sound like the dealer I called knows what they are doing. But perhaps I can guide them in the right direction.

It’s called a “Ride Height Calibration”. After installing the Eibachs, the computer that controls the live valves thinks the front end is around 33mm in the air. Ask them to reset the right height to 0. I think the calibration is in the VDM. There's some discussion on this forum about it on page 101 and more discussion before that. Many shops haven't done it so they may have to do some research. It's not hard and only takes a couple minutes for them to do.

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just live valve trucks? Or are folks with Eibachs (or even Geisers) feeling a significant droop bottom thunk as well, given the reduction in down travel? I'm trying to decide what next to solve the same thunk problem with some 3.0 factory series live valves set at 1.5" of lift - reduce the preload or reset the computer to zero using this calibration. Obviously the latter is cheaper, but its a hassle and cost thrown away if I will still have to reduce preload to get back the feel I'm now missing after the install.

Appreciate any guidance you can offer, based on 2017-2018 experience.

bviperd

Reaction score
It’s called a “Ride Height Calibration”. After installing the Eibachs, the computer that controls the live valves thinks the front end is around 33mm in the air. Ask them to reset the right height to 0. I think the calibration is in the VDM. There's some discussion on this forum about it on page 101 and more discussion before that. Many shops haven't done it so they may have to do some research. It's not hard and only takes a couple minutes for them to do.
Excellent! Thank you!

JBKeiser

Reaction score
Is it just live valve trucks? Or are folks with Eibachs (or even Geisers) feeling a significant droop bottom thunk as well, given the reduction in down travel? I'm trying to decide what next to solve the same thunk problem with some 3.0 factory series live valves set at 1.5" of lift - reduce the preload or reset the computer to zero using this calibration. Obviously the latter is cheaper, but its a hassle and cost thrown away if I will still have to reduce preload to get back the feel I'm now missing after the install.

Appreciate any guidance you can offer, based on 2017-2018 experience.

The right height reset is for fox live valve shocks. When you install longer coils (Eibach or Geisers), the shock is extended further than it is with the stock set up. Therefore, the ride height needs to be reset back to 0 so the computer that controls the shocks knows that the shock is at its normal height so it can adjust compression through the live valves accordingly.

I think the thunk we hear going over bumps is the shock limiting extension because it thinks that its being extended further from 0 than it really is. I assume it's programmed to only extend so far beyond 0.

Once I had the ride height reset on my 2020 SCREW, the ride improved (softened up a bit) and I no longer hear/feel the thunk.

CenCstRptr

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With 105 pages, and 1045 posts---What would you think is the general consensus, with using Eibachs up front. I know people will always have different opinions, and that is what this forum is for---But for of those you out there, are you/ have you been happy with your Eibach springs--would you still consider it a good modification for your truck?
ie...level out the truck, firmer spring up front
--Any of you that have them installed--would you rather have done something different up front- knowing what you do know?

I am just received my Eibach springs this week, and I am looking to get them installed, but just want to make sure I am going the right direction.

bviperd

Reaction score
With 105 pages, and 1045 posts---What would you think is the general consensus, with using Eibachs up front. I know people will always have different opinions, and that is what this forum is for---But for of those you out there, are you/ have you been happy with your Eibach springs--would you still consider it a good modification for your truck?
ie...level out the truck, firmer spring up front
--Any of you that have them installed--would you rather have done something different up front- knowing what you do know?

I am just received my Eibach springs this week, and I am looking to get them installed, but just want to make sure I am going the right direction.
I've been extremely happy with them. They look incredible. The silver springs with the Magnetic truck looks great. They make the stance of the truck look great too. As for performance I think the on-road ride is great. The thud or clunk is noticeable over large bumps but I'm going to take it to the dealer and get the ride height reset. Also, adding UCA to correct the geometry seems to be the way to go. My Camburg UCA are going on Nov 18. I've had them in the dirt once so far and was able to have fun and run them fairly fast. Of course, I know my limits and try to drive within those.

Overall for the cost I think they are a great value. I'm not ready to run 3.0 or do long travel. So for now, a spring / UCA upgrade on factory live valves should be the perfect combo of cost effective performance and aesthetics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter