GEN 2 Ebov tick....tick,tick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

digscruze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just added the TS supersonic vacuum BOV a few weeks ago and I do notice the little chirping. This specific BOV was suggested to me by MPT for higher boost. When I did a 1/4 mi run I got an evap malfunction code thrown. I think I'm going to try replacing the rubber vacuum hose with something sturdier. I went from 4.6 to 4.2 sec 0-60mph which is substantial so I really can't say it isn't doing what its supposed to.

I was considering going the TBS route + oem components replacement but it seems to me that my SS BOV is not seating as tight on my Wagner IC, even after I replaced the gasket, so I decide to go with this product.

I plan on making a thread comparing both applications but overall share the same sentiments that others have regarding how TS launched this product + provided no remedy/ support for customers

Last edited:

JustRaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes. It was discussed a bunch.

The hose that TS provided with the kit is too flexible. It will collapse a little bit, which means the vacuum strength will quickly fluctuate based on check valves and it causes the intermittent "sprinkler" sound.

You can't tee off of that line without throwing the system out of spec.

A throttle body spacer with its own boost reference point is required.

You leave the factory line alone and connect the reference hose off of the throttle body spacer to the mechanical BOV.

no more sprinkler sound and more reliable vacuum strength for the brakes and the IWEs.

Thanks!

Rediceatx

Reaction score
Came to this thread after a few searches, had the same issue as everyone else. This thread on this other forum has a fix, it utilizes a copper T line and the stock evap hose rather than the supplied hoses. The person posting the fix said they had no issues after this. I'm going to try this tomorrow and report back.

Attachments

• IMG_20200214_213943.jpg
    IMG_20200214_213943.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 7
  • F150 Fix (off of truck).jpg
    F150 Fix (off of truck).jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20200214-215518.jpg
    Screenshot_20200214-215518.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 4

Rediceatx

Reaction score
Came to this thread after a few searches, had the same issue as everyone else. This thread on this other forum has a fix, it utilizes a copper T line and the stock evap hose rather than the supplied hoses. The person posting the fix said they had no issues after this. I'm going to try this tomorrow and report back.

Did this and it worked like a charm, no more choo choo train sound.