GEN 2 Ebov tick....tick,tick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddie G

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have an 18SCREW and installed a AFE scorcher (the one that just piggybacks not a tuner) and after I installed it the ebov ticks at idle(could be all the time but I only hear it at low speeds) . No codes and it runs well.

Anyone else run in to this issue?

Thanks
I just installed Turbosmart bov, has factory intake. Ticking noise appears to be coming from evap canister I think. Very weird. Does it sound like this?

OP
OP
MEATSWORD

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, still clicks even after removing the scorcher.

I guess it's just going to do it

OP
OP
MEATSWORD

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed Turbosmart bov, has factory intake. Ticking noise appears to be coming from evap canister I think. Very weird. Does it sound like this?

Nope not that one,that seams like a vacuum leak or at least Sounds that way.

I wonder if one of the other hose connects are loose? Might be your noise.

Eddie G

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope not that one,that seams like a vacuum leak or at least Sounds that way.

I wonder if one of the other hose connects are loose? Might be your noise.
I agree, sounds like a leak but I have good vacuum and no check engine light, vacuum is fine on the Cobb accessport. I assume if I had a leak CEL would come on instantly or the reading would be off on the vacuum gauge, but everything is fine. Only when I pinch the hose going to the evap canister it makes that noise.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a Turbosmart bov. Mine makes a very similar noise too.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good, i found a thread about this...i posted in other old ones..

I called them too.. Spoke to Richard, who says he's the only tech there and says this a 'normal' noise, meaning install is fine and product is 'working'. He said there was another customer who called and was trying to come up with a fix last week, and i was going to also think of several options and get back with him next week.

However, i think we need to get on same page here and pressure them into coming up with a fix and sending to us or giving some money back so we can pay for the extra parts needed.. this was not even mentioned and should be or at least redesign it with a better hose..? it's obvious now.. look at the factory hose we take off. it's a formed connection with a hard plastic hose and not rubber. rubber one is collapsing just enough to cause it to oscillate at idle. this is a really annoying side effect of a not so cheap add on that doesn't even add any performance. And, little embarrassing sitting at lights with a 80K 'race' truck and it sounds like a sprinkler is going off inside. or even worse, like you have something wrong and not fixing it.

One person showed a fix but it involved a custom TB plate. So that would mean Turbo smart should be buying us new factory hoses and discounting the TB plate if that's the only way to make this work. Or just come up with a better replacement hose for the kit.

does anyone know what the hose connection is for? does it actually 'lock' the valve until you let off throttle? that's the only thing i can think it would be needed for.