Easy Seat Mod for Big Guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently replaced my driver's side seat cover, primarily for a bleached-out spot in the center of the seat. There was also a small 1" tear along the side where the side of the seat collapses as you slide out. That was caused by my fat butt.

When I replaced the seat cushion, I placed a piece of door trim over the edge of the plastic seat side. You would probably use black, but I had some carbon fiber colored trim. The rounded trim gives more of a rolled edge on the side of the seat, versus the hard plastic edge.

Attachments

• 20240113_152351.jpg
    20240113_152351.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 105

LeadFootTarp

Reaction score
I recently replaced my driver's side seat cover, primarily for a bleached-out spot in the center of the seat. There was also a small 1" tear along the side where the side of the seat collapses as you slide out. That was caused by my fat butt.

When I replaced the seat cushion, I placed a piece of door trim over the edge of the plastic seat side. You would probably use black, but I had some carbon fiber colored trim. The rounded trim gives more of a rolled edge on the side of the seat, versus the hard plastic edge.
Can you share info on the seat covers? Where did you get them, part number, price etc… Thanks!