Ducatisps's stage 4+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The original ones came from RPG, but I added an outlaw rack, two spares, tools and jack in the bed after I had the stage 3 done. No idea what they we arched to, but the new ones which are still standards fixed her right up

Got a little muddy today, the suspension works great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Time to go catch some sweet air! !

When is your next raptor run? Heading to Raptoberfest?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took a tape to the height after I settled the leafs a bit. I am still about 1/2 inch low in the rear, probably from the added weight.

Truck handles well, it is absorbing bumps smoothly now, think it's finally dialed in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Final write up on this, now that I've really had the chance to pound it off road.

Did 5 runs at the Raptoberfest yesterday, and after the first one I found Corey who, God bless him, spent about an hour quizzing me and making fine tune adjustments. The truck worked amazingly well out there, I can finally say I'm getting fast. Not for skill, mostly thanks to RPG.

I'm making a lap of the ranch which I'll put up shortly so you can judge for yourself how well she soaks up the bumps. I still need a tune on it, but that's coming.

spending time with Corey he explained the science behind the front setup, how they developed it, and how best to tune it for my needs.

All I can say is if you buy this (which I totally recommend), try to get some time to talk to Corey after it's installed as it really made a huge difference in how the truck responded.

Some notes I made when talking to Corey:
1. Make sure to tell RPG 35's or 37's, it will affect the preload and quite possibly the geometry of the UCA/LCA setup
2. Preload - came set at 10 passenger, 11 driver (Corey recommended +1 for the driver side to account for my fat ass). I have it at 7 and 8 now, but since I'm 80% street, I'm going to 3 and 4 next week.
3. Compression/Rebound - i'd almost ignore this until you get a good run in, then start adjusting. This is the best time to talk to RPG and tell them what the truck is doing, diving, pushing, etc...
4. Tire Pressures - on my toyo mt's, on the street I'm running 38 to 40 to keep the sensors off. Probably should be running 34 to 35 and screw the sensors. My air compressor died so I drove home last night at 29 psi and I'll tell you the ride was so soft, it was great.

I did ding up the front again (first lap, first jump), and the bed kissed the cab, umm, three times, and there are few more scrapes and scratches on her, but I look at every one of them and remember exactly what stupid/fun thing I did to earn it.

Nothing major broke, no fluids leaking, steerings a little cockeyed, but not much. I cannot wait to get this truck out in the dirt again.

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you are dialed in. I was fortunate enough to have Corey install my LCA , drive my truck at Havoc for a weekend and dial it in perfectly.
Corey is a good man, a giant in my books.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Those nicks and scratches are just badges of honor that make people realize they aren't looking at just any Raptor. They're looking at one that somebody takes out and enjoys how it was meant to be driven!

Now I need to find a pot of money in my backyard so I can get the dual shock setup done!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AZBajaRaptor