Drag Strip Launch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many guys buy Raptors that never make it off road? Regularly off road, like what it was built for? 60% easily are only street driven. The vast majority that buy it do so because they love the truck as a whole. I don't take mine off road, I've had plenty of fast cars that I didn't drag race. To each is own. I can say I've owned some great purpose built vehicles that I just drove because I enjoyed them.

80 percent never use them offroad is my guess. Starbucks, mall crawlers and grocery getters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chi_weezy

Reaction score
^ Dude if he wants to run his truck what's the big deal? Plenty of people do it. He was speaking to those who have done it and asking for advice. Clearly you're not one of them

OP
OP
C

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm no Dragstrip rookie been going for almost 30 years. Truck ran a 14.6 consistently 2.184 60 foot times. I ran in sport mode 4a. I checked the Air Density for the runs and they where right around 2100ft so definitely not ideal when my local track is 121ft above sea level. Also I thought turbo charged engines where not effected as much a NA Engines. One thing I wish I could have changed was my last fill up was with 87 octane as I had a long highway trip and was just going to burn through it anyway. I pulled up to the track with a 1/4 tank and didn't want to add anymore gas :)

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm no Dragstrip rookie been going for almost 30 years. Truck ran a 14.6 consistently 2.184 60 foot times. I ran in sport mode 4a. I checked the Air Density for the runs and they where right around 2100ft so definitely not ideal when my local track is 121ft above sea level. Also I thought turbo charged engines where not effected as much a NA Engines. One thing I wish I could have changed was my last fill up was with 87 octane as I had a long highway trip and was just going to burn through it anyway. I pulled up to the track with a 1/4 tank and didn't want to add anymore gas :)

Nice job. Ignore the clowns who ********** on every thread with useless drivel. Most of them don't even have Gen 2s.

Good to see you took it out and had fun. Epping street nights sucks balls as far as surface prep goes. Rather, they do not do any prep whatsover so its a huge crapshoot depending on the day. I've had my cars up there multiple times and some days are good some bad, surface and traction wise.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

14.6 huh? Where's that guy that said his stock 17 Raptor was faster than an SRT8 Jeep....

OP
OP
C

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited: