Drag Strip Launch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Car and Driver did 13.8 in a stock Raptor. It may not be as fast as an SRT8 Jeep, but it's pretty impressive for a big truck with 34.4" all terrains. 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Crew Cab Test – Review – Car and Driver

For sure, its amazing for a HULK of a truck. Stating that it outruns a JEEP SRT was "misleading" at best. I traded in a 2014 Jeep SRT on Jenny. No Way will she outrun that Jeep. Jenny may get a turbo jump in the first 1/8 mile, but its all over but the crying after that. And thats ONLY in a straight line. Jenny handles great for a HULK, but she's no SRT. That thing handled more like a Porsche than a Jeep.

OP
OP
C

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So kinda scratching my head why I ran back to back 14.6's the other night I borrowed a buddy's new Vbox Sport which is a highly accurate measuring device which is typically within 1% of a certified drag strip.

I ran 3, 0-60's times with the same 87 octane gas I had when I was at the track. I ran an average of 6.1 seconds. The truck was on Empty so I went to Sunoco and put in just over a half tank of 93 octane and ran the 0-60 test again and pulled pretty much the same time just over 6 seconds. I then went home and pulled the battery's negative terminal for an hour or so. I connected it back up and ran the 0-60 again in the same spot and the time dropped by a half second to 5.5. Temps here now are in the high 50's. One weird thing I noticed was after re-connecting the battery and starting the truck I got coolant temp high error message and the fans went on full blast. I let it run for a couple minutes and the fans stayed on full blast. I shut the truck off then when I started it back up moments later everything was normal.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc