Drag Race - Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'll be fine, the only problem is going to be tire spin, another member was pushing 770 rwhp and coulding control tire spin.
Use first gear, and press and hold traction control till off.
No need to use off-road to lock differential, just lock it and use 4x4 Hi, the diff won't unlock until you take foot off gas.
I get way better launches just mashing the pedal instead of trying to power up to 1,500+ rpm then releasing the brakes.

Nice to see FTO is still being an ass!!!!!
The “ass” is the guy who blows his engine all over the track and ruins the night for everyone else. You’ve done that what, twice now trying to make your 6.2 boat anchor “fast”? You’re a joke, just like your boy Eric.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go on the last yellow, not the green.

You will need to launch in 4x4. I would switch to 2wd after the launch.

Rev it out, leave it in auto.

Im guessing a 12.9xx

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The “ass” is the guy who blows his engine all over the track and ruins the night for everyone else. You’ve done that what, twice now trying to make your 6.2 boat anchor “fast”? You’re a joke, just like your boy Eric.
Again, your butt hole and spreading mistruths and lies.
Blew the oil pump gears which melted the piston rings never blew the engine, seized it once.
Aftermarket billet oil pump gears solved the problem!!!
Not sure if you know the difference parts counter boy. LMAO

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Again, your butt hole and spreading mistruths and lies.
Blew the oil pump gears which melted the piston rings never blew the engine, seized it once.
You destroyed your oil pump and melted down piston rings because you tried to supercharge a naturally aspirated engine to make it “fast” :happy175: Sorry to break it to you after 2 blown engines, but the 6.2 is not designed for high performance. Sorry to shatter your dreams.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You destroyed your oil pump and melted down piston rings because you tried to supercharge a naturally aspirated engine to make it “fast” :happy175: Sorry to break it to you after 2 blown engines, but the 6.2 is not designed for high performance. Sorry to shatter your dreams.
Do you live under a rock or are you retarded?
I've been enjoying my SC 6.2L for 11 years now after fixing the oil pump issue and still going strong.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input.

Launch in 4 hi, then flip to 2 hi when I get out of the hole? My initial thought was to try 2 hi with rear diff locked in. If I got wheel spin I was just going to feather the throttle.

I can try a few configurations and see what happens.

I have been to the track and raced before. Just not a 4 wheel drive truck.

This is a one time thing. Just to see where it is at.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FTO - You’ve given me some really good input on questions that I have asked on here. I didn’t build my truck to race. A stock raptor is supposed to run the 1/4 mile around 15.4 sec at 91 mph. I want to see how my truck compares.

I’ve spent a stupid amount of money on the performance side of my truck. I simply want to see how it performs.

Last year, on truck night, there was a farmer there in his hay truck. Still had the hay fork on his flat bed. He laid down a 12 second run with his stick shift. There will be a lot of those “one guys” at the track. If I break, many will jump in and help in any way that they can. If I break, I’ll build it back stronger.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m Do you live under a rock or are you retarded?
I've been enjoying my SC 6.2L for 11 years after fixing the oil pump issue.
I
Ironic. “Retarded”?? “Living under a rock?” Says the guy whose life is literally both.

The “oil pump issue” was your fault, not engine or truck. You slapped a supercharger on to an N/A engine and blew it up. Twice. Or is it 3 times now? Why can’t you take accountability for anything?

@TwizzleStix…@smurfslayer for your entertainment…

Shattered oil pumps don’t melt pistons; the bottom end will fail well before the top end ever has the chance to get that hot. A “seized” engine is a blown up one; you’re making a mockery of yourself as usual. You blew an oil pump up and locked up the first bus engine, you melted down a piston the second time and the 3rd time you ran what, a 15? You’re a fool at best, and I’ve even tried to be nice is the threads where you try and “help” people by posting irrelevant information, but forget that. Next time I’ll call you out for the clown that you are.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Foredtech- just go away. Nobody cares what you think.

Your opinion means less than zero.
Ever realize that nobody likes you here? You’re a miserable, negative downer in every thread. You help nobody, nor do you have the knowledge to help anybody even if you wanted to. Everyone is sick of your biased Gen 1 nonsense; we get that you’re insecure in your old rusted out truck and can’t handle reality, but that’s for your therapist to fix. Not a discussion forum