Dove Tail Fender Exit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Navin jacob

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have just placed an order for a Mazzulla rear bumper. After I do install and trim the dovetail I would like to route the exhaust through the dovetail.

Are there photos of the same? Also, would it be possible to route the exhaust tips both sides?

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Stainless Works lighting exit and had to cut/weld the system to move around the SVC ladder bar bracket. You'd really have to twist and bend it around the frame to get it back up into the sheet metal, I considered it for a hot minute. It does reverb a bit inside the cab but it's not horrible. I have just the cat-back system. The problem with rear exit is snaking past the spare if installed. You could split to each side but it's a bit of work. If this wasn't a daily driver for me I would have just cut and dumped it under the cab. I will probably do some sound proofing one day to reduce the noise a bit.

C1FA9787-FE23-4743-8392-4034DA915F2E.jpeg

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you have the real estate on the bed it could be done with a flex pipe. Just depends on how much of the bed got taken off for the dovetail. I don't think I'd have enough room on mine to do it.

Not dovetailed but this guy did what you're talking about.
1621891350938.png

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have my spare anymore so I may just dump it above the rear axle. I just don't want it hanging where it might get smashed off-road. I was looking at the space in front of the tire and there's really not a whole lot of room for the exhaust to go there, same for the dovetail area. I'm not completely sold on cutting my bed up either yet. lol

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the rear axle dump is the best for clearance and keeping sounds out of the cab. If I had to do it again this would probably be it. Although I do like my "shotgun" pipes hanging out the side. My boys and I call it the "Prius horn."

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also chopped my exhaust after dovetailing and my advice is DO NOT DO WHAT I DID. Dumping under the cab was the worst mistake for a DD. So much drone, so much noise, it does look/sound cool though, but the cons outweigh the pros here. It doesn’t help that I’m running a single chamber black window exhaust either. In the process of going back to a flowmaster 40 delta flow and having tube ran to dump behind axle. EEE8C5B4-F2DC-41BB-9805-937D5EC79B7E.jpeg