Dove Tail Fender Exit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
I was shooting for the early 60’s look that some of the circle track and GT cars had. The combo of the Thrust Turbo muffler and leaving the resonator on achieved the sound and no drone that I was hoping for. B67878D9-534C-40F9-963B-067CC4F2F047.jpegIt’s a 3” tube from the resonator all the way to the side exist. The pic does make it look like it hangs lower than in real life, btw.

Last edited:

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also chopped my exhaust after dovetailing and my advice is DO NOT DO WHAT I DID. Dumping under the cab was the worst mistake for a DD. So much drone, so much noise, it does look/sound cool though, but the cons outweigh the pros here. It doesn’t help that I’m running a single chamber black window exhaust either. In the process of going back to a flowmaster 40 delta flow and having tube ran to dump behind axle. View attachment 169224
Do you have headers??

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I did. SW Lightning style exit with "X" pipe and Magnaflow mufflers. True dual system all the way. Removed the 2 into 1 factory "Y".

IMG_7820.1.jpg

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do think this looks pretty neat... having just fabbed 2 x SS 3" tailpipes from a pair of SW turbo mufflers to exit at the stock location, it would be challenging but possible, keeping it tight, with a single 3" pipe to thread the gap between the rear spring hanger and the spring itself (with Deavers, same problem, but a bit easier with factory leafs and factory lift block)... but with the dove tail half of the area you photoshopped is gone... since the owner is dovetailing the rear quarters, I assume he is moving the spare... it that case fabbing tailpipes gets much easier, trual dual or otherwise... I do think the challenge will still be navigating the rear spring hanger and the leaf spring itself in order to exit out under the dove tail... I think you will come out with the tailpipe sitting lower than you would want...