Doug's cutout to upfitter switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R@pt0r

R@pt0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I removed the block from the y pipe. I love the WFO exhaust. Makes the truck sound beast and my gas milage actually went up 1-2 mpg! Went from 14 to 15+ mpg.

robnfl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my Doug's last week so hoping it's here soon, just trying to decide behind the resonator or remove it.

Better than you thought tone wise? So with the resonator its rumbly on idle but not crazy until you hit the pedal, how loud on WOT?

Do you think I would get lots of drone removing it but only having the stock exhaust?

I doubt the resonator actually does much...maybe cut down on the drone a bit. Yeah, the sound is better than I thought it would be. I imagined a raspy, really loud tone since there is no muffler, but frankly I think the cat-cons reduce the sound a bit too. Like I said the, icing on the cake is that I can hit a switch and it's whisper (stock) quiet again.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The problem I had with mine, was not the motor or the bearings that were mention earlier. It was the tiny gears between the motor and the valve. You need to remove and disassemble the motor to access the gears. They were not lubricated at all, so I cleaned them up and used some lithium grease. I haven't had any problems for over a year now.

Marcsc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues so far...but I did remove mine before the first snowfall. Buffalo winters and how much salt they throw down, I just put out the cap on the Y pipe.
CANT wait for spring time and loudness to ensue lol