Door seal Mod / Improvement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you spend time around any forum you will hear about the good AND bad. none of us are really complaining....just discussing :)

Exactly, we're not complaining... We're just finding the minor things we think we can improve on. Have you test driven one yet Lead Foot? The ride on the road is actually quite nice for a truck. Aside from people with tranny issues ( hehe...."tranny issues") this is pretty minor stuff we're nitpicking about.

SERG09

Hi Ho Silver
Reaction score
Damn!!! Not to be an Ass,But i'm really starting to question buying a raptor :~(

The dash rattles,the doors rattle,the rearend binds,The trans, ****!!! all this for $45,000 +

Somebody help me here!

The damn truck looks beotchin ,but there seems to be More and more ********* wrong with it!!!

It's pissing me off BIG TIME cause i really like the design of the truck....

but it's starting to look like i would be buying a damn head ache.........

I want to go to the damn factory and kick some Ass!!!!
IMO .. don't let the few problems sway your opinion. Everything is fixable and I can tell you my personal experience is my SCrew is better than I thought it would be. Tranny problem aside. I still have no regrets. I bought a Ford because I believe in the business model.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Reading the posts and started thinking you owned one already. All these things
are minor little things. The only real thing I had was the trans which was not
to my liking or I was just not use to it. Ever since I had the last update date this truck has
been top notch, blows away any other vehicle I've owned or have driven in.
I truely have never had any rattles or noises in my truck to date 15,500 miles later and I'm sure
they're bound to come up sooner or later. Every truck is not the same as the other so it
could happen or it might never happen. Just don't let that discourage you from buying
one of the BADest trucks on the market. You won't regret it.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Solid

Damn!!! Not to be an Ass,But i'm really starting to question buying a raptor :~(

The dash rattles,the doors rattle,the rearend binds,The trans, ****!!! all this for $45,000 +

Somebody help me here!

The damn truck looks beotchin ,but there seems to be More and more ********* wrong with it!!!

It's pissing me off BIG TIME cause i really like the design of the truck....

but it's starting to look like i would be buying a damn head ache.........

I want to go to the damn factory and kick some Ass!!!!

I would like to say that my Raptor is solid! My moon roof doesn't leak my dash doesn't rattle my rear end doesn't bind. I have had no issues with the tranny my doors do rattle some but after all it is still a pick up truck that by the way looks better than any other truck on the road, offroads better and faster then any other truck on the road. It drives smoother then any truck I've ever been in, more comfortable then any truck I've ever been in. Turns more heads and get more compliments then anything I've ever owned! So I'll make you a bet that if you ever get the ball and or the funds to buy one one you won't be sorry just proud to own the best damn truck any auto manufacture has ever built. :Wedgie:

Lead Foot

Reaction score
Have you test driven one yet Lead Foot?

Yes,i test drove one at Lilliston Ford in Kingsland Georgia soon as they got it! I think that was in June of last year,it was the orange one,To be honest the ride Sucked :~( and the trans shifted Rough but i know enough now That it makes me wondering what mode it was in, the sales guy isn't to sharp but he's a Good guy,It rode so rough first thing I did was Check the tire pressure but it was good :~(

I know all trucks don't ride the same so i'm not letting that discourage me even though it don't sound like it LOL

I've bought a new truck every year for the last 4 years All GM and wanted to try Fords Raptor this go around,i started out with Ford.....

Past trucks:
07 2500 LT Silvy,Extra Cab short bed 6.6 D-Max...... Bennett chevy in kingsland Ga.

08 half ton ,R/C,Short bed,5.3 .....Bennett chevy in kingsland Ga.

09 2500 SLT GMC ,Extra Cab short bed 6.6 D-Max...... Jack Willson in St,Augustine

and current truck :

2010 half ton,6.2 Extra Cab short bed...... Ron Anderson,in Yulee FL

Yes a Fool and his money Soon parts LOL,Really i just work a lot of Over-time and Love trucks,Bikes and my Boat.... I have the same Gal for the last 11 years,But still not married hince still have Full control of the green backs$$$$$ :~) she has her own money LOL

Thats why i'm kinda pissed about the little stuff that keeps popping Up cause i wanted to make this next truck "THE TRUCK" and pay it off and start saving big time for my retirement......

We had one Blue Raptor here at Paul Clark Ford in yulee,for $42,*** with 5.4 A while back and i looked at another Blue one with 6.2 at Mike Davison in Jacksonville FL Both of these where 2010 with NO Remote start of course ,since they just came out with that Feature :~),I'm gonna test drive a New 2011 with 6.2 and see how it rides....

Even though i LOVE the power of a Diesel,I prefer a shorter/lighter truck thats just way more fun to play with :~) best truck I ever had and enjoyed was my 99 Step side,i'm still kicking my self for trading it and Hoped the Raptor would help me get over it :~(

I'm not Outa the Ford Game Yet :~)

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Yes,i test drove one at Lilliston Ford in Kingsland Georgia soon as they got it! I think that was in June of last year,it was the orange one,To be honest the ride Sucked :~( and the trans shifted Rough but i know enough now That it makes me wondering what mode it was in, the sales guy isn't to sharp but he's a Good guy,It rode so rough first thing I did was Check the tire pressure but it was good :~(

I know all trucks don't ride the same so i'm not letting that discourage me even though it don't sound like it LOL

I've bought a new truck every year for the last 4 years All GM and wanted to try Fords Raptor this go around,i started out with Ford.....

Past trucks:
07 2500 LT Silvy,Extra Cab short bed 6.6 D-Max...... Bennett chevy in kingsland Ga.

08 half ton ,R/C,Short bed,5.3 .....Bennett chevy in kingsland Ga.

09 2500 SLT GMC ,Extra Cab short bed 6.6 D-Max...... Jack Willson in St,Augustine

and current truck :

2010 half ton,6.2 Extra Cab short bed...... Ron Anderson,in Yulee FL

Yes a Fool and his money Soon parts LOL,Really i just work a lot of Over-time and Love trucks,Bikes and my Boat.... I have the same Gal for the last 11 years,But still not married hince still have Full control of the green backs$$$$$ :~) she has her own money LOL

Thats why i'm kinda pissed about the little stuff that keeps popping Up cause i wanted to make this next truck "THE TRUCK" and pay it off and start saving big time for my retirement......

We had one Blue Raptor here at Paul Clark Ford in yulee,for $42,*** with 5.4 A while back and i looked at another Blue one with 6.2 at Mike Davison in Jacksonville FL Both of these where 2010 with NO Remote start of course ,since they just came out with that Feature :~),I'm gonna test drive a New 2011 with 6.2 and see how it rides....

Even though i LOVE the power of a Diesel,I prefer a shorter/lighter truck thats just way more fun to play with :~) best truck I ever had and enjoyed was my 99 Step side,i'm still kicking my self for trading it and Hoped the Raptor would help me get over it :~(

I'm not Outa the Ford Game Yet :~)

when the truck is cold the trans pressures do seem pretty high, mine thumps in to gear until it warms up.

nodak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just did this mod. it was way harder that in the video. i have a super cab so there was way more weather stripping to run the tubing through compared to just the one door of this video. sounds great when you shut the door though. you can slam the shit out of the door and you wont cringe.

OneArmedViolinist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just did this mod. it was way harder that in the video. i have a super cab so there was way more weather stripping to run the tubing through compared to just the one door of this video. sounds great when you shut the door though. you can slam the shit out of the door and you wont cringe.

Way harder?...... how much is Way?...... lol it looks fairly simple. :birgits_tiredcoffee