Dog Transport Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyteck9

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have St. Bernards and I was just planning on folding up the rear seat in the cab and sticking them back there. The rear seat leather will be safe that way, and so will the dogs.
( I haven't tried it yet tho, so maybe there is a reason not too that I am overlooking. )

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have St. Bernards and I was just planning on folding up the rear seat in the cab and sticking them back there. The rear seat leather will be safe that way, and so will the dogs.
( I haven't tried it yet tho, so maybe there is a reason not too that I am overlooking. )
I was thinking of doing this but using some Kennel wire mesh to make a separator beetween the front and back seats seats and one in the middle to separate two dogs. Dobermans

hyteck9

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing this but using some Kennel wire mesh to make a separator beetween the front and back seats seats and one in the middle to separate two dogs. Dobermans

I was also thinking of a barrier, but not wire mesh. Something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXUK432/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

We would need one a bit bigger, but you get the idea.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

DrippinRaptor, Hyteck9,

Leto my NewFoundland rides on the floor with the back seat folded up in bad weather; tethered in the bed in nice weather...He uses a Kurgo XXL harness...very well made...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LNJ92E2/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

(I can't find theXXL size at present)
Eddie

Well... If that big guy can fit, mine should have no problems at all. :)

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That approach works perfectly. I do it with a St. Bernard and an English Mastiff.

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was also thinking of a barrier, but not wire mesh. Something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXUK432/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

We would need one a bit bigger, but you get the idea.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Well... If that big guy can fit, mine should have no problems at all. :)

That's a nice set up but I will need something in the middle to separate two dogs , also want a firm barrier between the front seat and backseat if I have to slam on the brakes or I am in an accident I don't want an 80 pound dog hitting me in the back of the head

PSU_Fred

Reaction score
Slobber