Does anyone know where the TPMS module is? I'm getting tire pressure monitor fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Owner of a new '22 Raptor 37 since Sep22. Also had incredibly painful experiences with Ford for almost 7 months, 9 visits to 3 different dealerships regarding this nonsense. Day 1 of driving truck off lot this began, 20min down the road. They could never resolve after replacing bcm, tpms transmitter, tpms sensors in tires, harnesses, and then even the invertor for pro power. They finally gave up on my issue by closing my ticket, and at that point so did I on Ford.

Took matters into my own hand. It's RFI (radio freq interference) from the inverter.
*Do this* Buy TitanRF Faraday Fabric Kit Includes 44"W x 36"L off Amazon @ https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M294MGK/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Wrap the RF fabric shielding around the plastic enclosure of the inverter under back left seat... and save a little bit to also wrap the harness that goes to the truck bed.

Issue solved. No more tpms alarms after the dreaded 20min of driving. I've gone 3+ months now without any tpms faults. Many long trips as well. And pro power inverter works fine. Let me know if y'all have questions. Or if ya want me to send a pic.

You're welcome :) it's really that easy! -JQ
I covered the inverter on the driver's side with overlap, left the fan intake unobstructed. Went ahead and covered the battery too for good measure. 20 minute drive, not long enough for the warning but one tire, on the left side as usual, didn't change pressure while the other three did. Where is the harness that goes to the truck bed? I didn't notice it.

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Owner of a new '22 Raptor 37 since Sep22. Also had incredibly painful experiences with Ford for almost 7 months, 9 visits to 3 different dealerships regarding this nonsense. Day 1 of driving truck off lot this began, 20min down the road. They could never resolve after replacing bcm, tpms transmitter, tpms sensors in tires, harnesses, and then even the invertor for pro power. They finally gave up on my issue by closing my ticket, and at that point so did I on Ford.

Took matters into my own hand. It's RFI (radio freq interference) from the inverter.
*Do this* Buy TitanRF Faraday Fabric Kit Includes 44"W x 36"L off Amazon @ https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M294MGK/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Wrap the RF fabric shielding around the plastic enclosure of the inverter under back left seat... and save a little bit to also wrap the harness that goes to the truck bed.

Issue solved. No more tpms alarms after the dreaded 20min of driving. I've gone 3+ months now without any tpms faults. Many long trips as well. And pro power inverter works fine. Let me know if y'all have questions. Or if ya want me to send a pic.

You're welcome :) it's really that easy! -JQ
Please post pictures of the harness

22Raptor37_JQ

Reaction score
Pic #1 shows how I covered inverter's plastic cover with the RF shielding/fabric. I circled in red to the back right... that is where the harness comes out of the inverter for the VAC outlets in the truck bed. The VAC from the harness also causes and emits RF interference that messes with the RTM (where the TPMS transmitter sends RF to your four TPMS in tires).. Pic #2 zooms in to show how I wrapped RF shielding/fabric around that harness. ...

Hey, it wasn't a fancy job, but it drowned out the RF interference so I could enjoy my truck without that stupid dreaded TPMS fault popping up on 1,2,3 or 4 of my tires :) it was always random tires at that 20min mark. Sometimes one only, two, three or all four tires. Was always random..

Anywho, it works. *Just note and *know when wrapping with shielding/fabric, that the inverter AND the harness to the AC plugs in truckbed is what's causing the issue. That's your culprit!

Last comment, I was initially worried that the fabric/shielding would cause inverter to get too hot to operate normally. I have tested running pro power for 30+ min, running a compressor, angle grinder, skilsaw, etc..(heavy Amp power tools...) it will not overheat in the manner that I covered it in these pics. It can breathe, and operate normally.

Good luck! keep asking questions if needed, will help y'all through this process. *Cause Ford will not help you with this, trust me ;)

Attachments

• PXL_20230624_214927658~2.jpg
    PXL_20230624_214927658~2.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20230624_214950043~2.jpg
    PXL_20230624_214950043~2.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 42

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pic #1 shows how I covered inverter's plastic cover with the RF shielding/fabric. I circled in red to the back right... that is where the harness comes out of the inverter for the VAC outlets in the truck bed. The VAC from the harness also causes and emits RF interference that messes with the RTM (where the TPMS transmitter sends RF to your four TPMS in tires).. Pic #2 zooms in to show how I wrapped RF shielding/fabric around that harness. ...

Hey, it wasn't a fancy job, but it drowned out the RF interference so I could enjoy my truck without that stupid dreaded TPMS fault popping up on 1,2,3 or 4 of my tires :) it was always random tires at that 20min mark. Sometimes one only, two, three or all four tires. Was always random..

Anywho, it works. *Just note and *know when wrapping with shielding/fabric, that the inverter AND the harness to the AC plugs in truckbed is what's causing the issue. That's your culprit!

Last comment, I was initially worried that the fabric/shielding would cause inverter to get too hot to operate normally. I have tested running pro power for 30+ min, running a compressor, angle grinder, skilsaw, etc..(heavy Amp power tools...) it will not overheat in the manner that I covered it in these pics. It can breathe, and operate normally.

Good luck! keep asking questions if needed, will help y'all through this process. *Cause Ford will not help you with this, trust me ;)
Thank you for this!!! I tried this and it didn’t work, doubling up on the fabric…. butttt I didn’t cover the harness as well as you did. I think that’s the key - Becuase I went beyond the typical 20 miles before it kicked on. I’ll add more fabric and hopefully it’ll work.

22Raptor37_JQ

Reaction score
Thank you for this!!! I tried this and it didn’t work, doubling up on the fabric…. butttt I didn’t cover the harness as well as you did. I think that’s the key - Becuase I went beyond the typical 20 miles before it kicked on. I’ll add more fabric and hopefully it’ll work.
It will work, trust me bud. Don't give up! Wrap a layer or two around harness as far as you can before it punches into truckbed. Good ole Basic Electronics fundamentals class taught us unshielded AC will always interfere with a RF signal. It's a pretty haus inverter, emits a crapload of RF, and there is no shielding whatsoever in that harness...

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that was just the air flow tube over there on the side. I covered up that side good too and looks like it, front left tire, was updating like it should! My front tires are pretty much the same pressure right now. A few more rides to confirm before I celebrate!!
1687653118718.png

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, another drive and it updated real time! Thanks @22Raptor37_JQ for the solution and going through the hassle with Ford trying to fix it! No more waiting for Ford to acknowledge the problem or even having to leave it with then to fix if they ever to have a solution. I did take the inverter cover off and put the shielding under it, made sure the fan intake to the middle wasn't covered and covered everything to the outside / harness on the inverter good too.

Last edited:

22Raptor37_JQ

Reaction score
@ofcbarbrady hoping good news? Do tell! .. this drove me insane for many months. Just looking out..