Does Anyone actually buy a Raptor at MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prius

Reaction score
so higher prices means they are telling lies? is it dishonest to charge a higher price? maybe honest isn't the word you're looking for.

"all you need to do is find a dealer willing to sell for a lower price" is more accurate.....? dealers don't tell customers how other dealers price their cars. dealers try to make a profit so they can stay in business and pay the exorbitant costs it takes to keep a store open. when a dealer loses thousands of dollars on every focus and fiesta they sell, what do you expect when they have a product that is in high demand? price helps regulate supply and demand. if no one is buying they will lower the price. if they sell every raptor they get at 5k over sticker why would they lower their price on the raptor? that would be dead nuts stupid.

Sure. Maybe that wasn't a great explanation.

Every dealer around here makes up bs excuses saying that no one sells under msrp, and everything is a giant pricing snafuu when it's listed for a few grand discount. Bait and switch crap. Plus, when you have 17 raptors on your lot all summer, doesn't that say something??? Sure aren't flying off the lot. The reality is that the first wave of truck buyers is over. The remainder of us are willing to wait, and not buy a truck for over msrp.

I'm not going to argue how dealers should work, and anything about these excessive business costs you speak of. Dealers make money in many different ways.

I can say that the 3 around me will not get any of my business now or in the future. The one I bought my truck at will. Sure, it's an hour drive, but I was treated like a customer there. You know, a peasent, who pays them and keeps them in business...

My only point is that deals are out there. Don't pay full price. Don't argue with your dealer. Let them sit on the vehicles they don't want to sell.

Peace out.

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Every dealer around here makes up bs excuses saying that no one sells under msrp, and everything is a giant pricing snafuu when it's listed for a few grand discount. Bait and switch crap. Plus, when you have 17 raptors on your lot all summer, doesn't that say something??? Sure aren't flying off the lot. The reality is that the first wave of truck buyers is over. The remainder of us are willing to wait, and not buy a truck for over msrp.

I'm not going to argue how dealers should work, and anything about these excessive business costs you speak of. Dealers make money in many different ways.

I can say that the 3 around me will not get any of my business now or in the future. The one I bought my truck at will. Sure, it's an hour drive, but I was treated like a customer there. You know, a peasent, who pays them and keeps them in business...

My only point is that deals are out there. Don't pay full price. Don't argue with your dealer. Let them sit on the vehicles they don't want to sell.

Peace out.

sounds like basic capitalism to me. when the dealer selling for less runs out of raptors then people will buy from the dealers that have some. and if there aren't any customers left the dealers that do will lower the price until they sell. and maybe they will lower it to the price you paid so in the end it's the same to them, they just waited longer. and if it's really that much longer maybe ford will incentive the dealer to sell it and give them enough to cover their floorplan interest (and maybe even more) so they still win in the end.

I am just saying, you wanted a raptor today and found one for a price you were willing to pay. that doesn't mean all the dealers you didn't buy from are crooks. it's business. it's ok.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Peace out.

No doubt the dealers near you are crying into their Chereoes because they lost a customer that is only willing to pay $500 over invoice. Talk about a major blow to business. I can't believe they are dumb enough to walk away from $2,000 in profits over the next 20 years from all the cars you would have bought from them. Their incompetence and lack of business skills is shocking! That $2k could have easily paid a receptionist's salary for at least a few weeks!

RivRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine on the 4th in AZ for sticker. Most here in Cali still want 5k to 10k over sticker while they are stacking up! Some I looked at have been on the lot for 7 to 8 months! One local dealer offered me one at sticker but was wrong color. Mine was built in mid April, happy to drive 300 miles to get it. Made a road trip out of it & spent the weekend @ the river!

mamula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at this one here in NJ. Dealer has it for $5028 under MSRP. Is this good?

https://www.allamericanfordinoldbridge.com/new-Old+Bridge-2018-Ford-F+150-Raptor-1FTFW1RG4JFD61583

They have another raptor on their site too for about 5 grand off msrp. Just curious if this is about the going rate or do you think I can negotiate a little bit more off that?

thanks

Strong man I will pull the trigger that deal is as real as it can get.
Only reason not to do it is
1. Want different color
2. Want 2019 model

prius

Reaction score
I thought we were talking about pricing strategy. Were they rude to you in some way or participate in deceptive practices or did they just decline your offer?

Rude, deceptive bait and switch pricing, arrogant salesmen. All I wanted was the advertised price.

I never negotiated with any of them, bought the one from the 4th dealer I called for their listed price. They were nice people, no games, no jacking around. $75 in doc fees and I was out the door. Doesn't matter now, own it, fun to drive.

Good luck w/ the search for the rest of you.