Does Anyone actually buy a Raptor at MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought an 18 leadfoot for $58,800 including TT@L. Wanted cloth and none of the upcharged electronic stuff I never use on my 13 raptor. Saved about 14k over the loaded raptor. I live in Houston. I don't need a heated seat, or Nav that doesn't ever work because its not updated. I mean seriously go look at all the extra crap they put on them. Will you ever use any of that stuff? Instead I then dropped 20k on bumpers, lights, intercooler, exhaust, tune, tires/wheels, etc. But that stuff I will really use and enjoy. Learned from my 13 purchase. If you like all the bells and whistles, no problem! I just wanted a fast, badass looking exterior truck that I can go to my ranch and enjoy. To each their own. To answer your original question: I paid a hair under MSRP.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

That's 14k without taxes, so I saved $15500 really!

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just bought an 18 leadfoot for $58,800 including TT@L. Wanted cloth and none of the upcharged electronic stuff I never use on my 13 raptor. Saved about 14k over the loaded raptor. I live in Houston. I don't need a heated seat, or Nav that doesn't ever work because its not updated. I mean seriously go look at all the extra crap they put on them. Will you ever use any of that stuff? Instead I then dropped 20k on bumpers, lights, intercooler, exhaust, tune, tires/wheels, etc. But that stuff I will really use and enjoy. Learned from my 13 purchase. If you like all the bells and whistles, no problem! I just wanted a fast, badass looking exterior truck that I can go to my ranch and enjoy. To each their own. To answer your original question: I paid a hair under MSRP.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

That's 14k without taxes, so I saved $15500 really!

I personally use a ton of the tech. My Raptor came with an intercooler and bumper so there was no need for an aftermarket one.

mamula

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Beauf

Reaction score

Looking at the blue one's window sticker, it has SYNC Connect listed in red, while all the others have it listed in black. What does this mean? Is that option deleted or something?

cwindham86

Reaction score
Looking at the blue one's window sticker, it has SYNC Connect listed in red, while all the others have it listed in black. What does this mean? Is that option deleted or something?

It has to do with time of production. Ford changed the window text color to make it more visible to customers since it's a newer feature.

prius

Reaction score
picked up a white screw 802a this week for $500 over invoice.
Don't let the dealers convince you msrp is the best out there. All you need to do is find an honest one.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180718_065426.jpg
    MVIMG_20180718_065426.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 47

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picked up a white screw 802a this week for $500 over invoice.
Don't let the dealers convince you msrp is the best out there. All you need to do is find an honest one.

so higher prices means they are telling lies? is it dishonest to charge a higher price? maybe honest isn't the word you're looking for.

"all you need to do is find a dealer willing to sell for a lower price" is more accurate.....? dealers don't tell customers how other dealers price their cars. dealers try to make a profit so they can stay in business and pay the exorbitant costs it takes to keep a store open. when a dealer loses thousands of dollars on every focus and fiesta they sell, what do you expect when they have a product that is in high demand? price helps regulate supply and demand. if no one is buying they will lower the price. if they sell every raptor they get at 5k over sticker why would they lower their price on the raptor? that would be dead nuts stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc