Does Anyone actually buy a Raptor at MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zedrx

Reaction score
I just bought mine at MSRP last night. The dealer wanted $5000 over but had 3 on the lot and gave in to my MSRP offer.

Attachments

• Raptor Window Sticker_001.jpg
    Raptor Window Sticker_001.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

sbdave

Reaction score
Yup their are suckers born everyday!

Just keep calling and bugging people you have plenty of time but if one comes up you have to be able to jump on it that moment.

I literally got the call I could get my truck and I right then and their gave them $5k over the phone and drove there (2 hours south) next day. If I didn't do that they would sell to anyone that walked through the door.

So if you're serious best be ready with cash in hand.

Thanks for the advice. Definitely will be ready to jump. I'm hoping that since I know so far in advance, that I'll be able to find a dealer that will let me order one at MSRP.

Some have mentioned Penske... but I've seen other reports contradicting... so I guess we'll see in a few months when I start making phone calls.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Definitely will be ready to jump. I'm hoping that since I know so far in advance, that I'll be able to find a dealer that will let me order one at MSRP.

Some have mentioned Penske... but I've seen other reports contradicting... so I guess we'll see in a few months when I start making phone calls.

Yea I was hunting around for about 4-5 months and when Brian over @ Penske called me I literally had to do it right then otherwise it was first come first serve. I had been bugging him enough over the months that he gave me first chance.

Just try to make a relationship with a few dealers via email / phone calls and keep bugging them.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

I just bought mine at MSRP last night. The dealer wanted $5000 over but had 3 on the lot and gave in to my MSRP offer.
Nice where at? Yea it might be easier to find a dealer with multiple on lot and try to get them to budge.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

post your findings, i plan to start shopping around may or june to have an october delivery as a birthday present to myself haha.

i will contact penske, they're about 20 mins from me, another member said he contacted them and they said they don't have any allocation currently.

Zedrx

Reaction score
Yea I was hunting around for about 4-5 months and when Brian over @ Penske called me I literally had to do it right then otherwise it was first come first serve. I had been bugging him enough over the months that he gave me first chance.

Just try to make a relationship with a few dealers via email / phone calls and keep bugging them.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Nice where at? Yea it might be easier to find a dealer with multiple on lot and try to get them to budge.

I bought it from Wayne Acres Ford in Lake Worth, Florida.

04cobraboy

Reaction score
McRee Ford in Houston, Texas does MSRP. They don't mark them up, what you see is what you pay. Got mine sticker, fully loaded 72K.

Cutter

Reaction score
Paid MSRP for a loaded screw in December from local dealer but got the spray in bedliner and hard tonneau cover with the deal. Other dealers in our area gave us prices ranging from 4k to 8k over MSRP.

Rock7256

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No reason to pay over msrp plenty of 2018s out there and more coming. If you find one you like across country you can get shipped to for 1000-1500 not bad imo. Allocation is available now check with your dealer to order one.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update 2/8

Updated 1/31: Went to a local dealer today who had a '17 that was an exact match (color, options, no extras I didn't want such as the bed ramps or the carbon fiber pkg). As seems usual for here in WA state, price was MSRP + 10K. Almost everyone here is MSRP +5-10k. After some discussion, my honest disclosure that I've seen dealers offering MSRP but half-way across the country, review of my credit etc they came down do MSRP +4k, giving me an OTD price of $86,797 less any down payment I'd make. Tax is a bit over $8k, License about $850 to give some perspective on the number. Sticker is $71,565. I'm going to cross-post this in a new thread, but for those that see this one, would you take the deal?

I visited the dealer again on Sunday (Superbowl Sunday) figuring they'd be pretty quiet, and the manager and I could talk seriously and w/out interruption. I outlined all the reasons any ADM is not worth paying (it's a '17, built in April for Pete's sake), been on their books a long time, not getting any fresher, '18's rolling in, '19's coming fairly soon, only 3 other '17's left within the area based on the Ford Website, Feb is a short month they need sales to make their numbers, etc). At first he came down to $76k, so I mentioned (truthfully) that I'm also considering a trailer purchase and the RV show is this weekend with special pricing. He asked me for my best offer. I told him I'd like 2K below MSRP given the age of the vehicle and the availability if '18's at MSRP, BUT that i'd split the cost of my travel, hotel, food, gas, etc to drive it back from a remote state so I'd given MSRP - 500. Of course he said he'd need to talk it over w/the GM when he comes in on Monday, and would call me back. He said I made all very valid points, and 'they want to sell it as well.'. Well, Monday came and went w/no call, as did Tues, Wed and today. So tomorrow I'll head down there again to chat with them, give them the same pitch and see what happens. If they won't sell it to me, I want them to tell me to my face, and have the chance to ask them that they'll really let a 'ready to buy' customer walk out. That they're seriously believing that a customer will come in and want to pay $thousands over MSRP for an 8 month old vehicle. Just to hear them say the words. We'll see what happens...

Sgroer

Reaction score
I bought my 2018 Raptor SCREW the other day at Five Star Ford in Stone Mtn Georgia for $1000 under MSRP. They had 4 others in stock, all for the same discount. Advertised right there on their website. Walked in, no fuss, didn't try to sell me warranties and protection packages and all that crap either. I was in and out of there, including my trade in, in under 2 hours. They were a great dealership - was about a 45 minute drive for me, had never met anyone there, talked to anyone or set foot in the store. "Hi, I'm here to buy a Raptor" was how the conversation started :favorites13:

Last edited: