Votes: 111 89.5%
  • Most of the time

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am one of thoes "idiots"

I used to wear my seatbelt all the time, but now when I at work in my work vehicle I have gotten in the habit of not wearing it as often. With all my equiptment (gunbelt), it is sometimes a hassel to put it on and off while working. (I get in and out of my vehicle a lot and have to respond quickly).

My rule of thumb is highways, high speed, or high traffic, I try to make sure my seat belt is on.

I am trying harder though to remember to wear it more often, but work sometimes set me further back than I want to be.

practic makes perfect if it is on all the time your instinct is to take it off in a responsive situation it wold suck if you forgot you had it on when in a tuff situation and time mattered

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

I would like to see one of those belt cutters in every new vehicle placed in the proper spot from factory I know every little bit come out in the end $$ but it would be nice to at least have a factory spot for it.

nold

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I used to wear my seatbelt all the time, but now when I at work in my work vehicle I have gotten in the habit of not wearing it as often. With all my equiptment (gunbelt), it is sometimes a hassel to put it on and off while working. (I get in and out of my vehicle a lot and have to respond quickly).

My rule of thumb is highways, high speed, or high traffic, I try to make sure my seat belt is on.

I am trying harder though to remember to wear it more often, but work sometimes set me further back than I want to be.

making a habit of wearing your seat belt might save your life, specially your line of work is dangerous like a 100MPH car/truck chase :)

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fostercd

20 years of wearing a gunbelt and not one single hassle wearing my seatbelt, even when making up to 40 traffic stops in a day.

You need to develop a technique something like; As you roll to a stop, unbuckle with your left hand, stop, throw it in park with your right hand - as you open the door with the left hand, swing the belt clear with your left arm as you step out. No hassle at all (until you try to write it out).

Supervisors tend to look down on not following things like department policies and state laws.

Plus you may look like a putz if you write somebody for it when you don't wear it yourself.

Rant 10-7

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Here's something I don't get. Maybe somebody here can explain it to me. Why do we have a law that makes me wear a seatbelt? Does my government think I need protection from myself? I can understand the necessity of belting a kid who can't make that decision himself but not a responsible adult.

Want to hear something ironic. In Oklahoma we don't have a mandatory helmet law, just eye protection when riding a motorcycle. Yet, Oklahoma law enforcement is really cracking down on people who don't buckle up. Click it or ticket. I'd love to tell one of those motorcycle cops writing seatbelt tickets that he needs one a lot more than I do!

How about smoking? We haven't passed a law to tell somebody they can't do that but we all know that it'll kill you. Could it be that this is about money? I don't know but I just wish government would stay the f@&* out of my business and not infringe upon my freedoms anymore. If somebody can explain to me how my not wearing a seatbelt affects anyone else then please do.

By the way, I always wear my seatbelt when I'm off the ranch.:waytogo:

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's something I don't get. Maybe somebody here can explain it to me. Why do we have a law that makes me wear a seatbelt? Does my government think I need protection from myself? I can understand the necessity of belting a kid who can't make that decision himself but not a responsible adult.

Agreed, I alway wear seat belt but it's a personal choice. I don't believe in forcing responicble adults to wear seat belts.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't agree with the law I do ware them now because they are more comfortable I also new you don't where one checking cows town driving is way different some people are not very good drivers and that costs money in insurance and crap fixing tooth loss and what not so that is why the law the darn smoking in the streets in SD just stupid I say smoke in the bars your cars or any place I don't have to smell it I used to chew lol glad I quit.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i used to never ever wear my seat belt. my feeling was if something happens and my face goes thru the windsheild.... well that was my mistake and mine only... i know the risks...

then i got old, and sick of the nanny dings in the truck cab and just started wearing it. now its habit.