DO NOT WORK with RMB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hsoonalmulla

Reaction score
DO NOT WORK/DEAL WITH RMB

First of all, this post is to share my experience with Ryan from RMB motorworks. Its only purpose is to prevent other folks from having to deal with what I am going through at the moment.

This is not a post to spread HATE or false/fake information. Everything is backed up with emails and messages between myself and Ryan.

To begin, I approached Ryan after receiving so many recommendations to build my 2019 Raptor Engine.
I ordered a short block Engine with 2 payments (first one was paid when the order was placed 50%) and the 2nd one (to be paid after 8-12 weeks 50%) which is the time required to build the short block according to his work load.

The order was placed on the first week of March 2023.

After 6 weeks, he advised me to build the heads as they tend to fail alot, I wasn't an expert in eco-boost engines so I took on his advice and made an order for the heads with a porting job where I paid 95% of the invoice and the remaining 5% will be paid all at one lot when the engine is shipped.

After another 6 weeks (12 weeks in total), Ryan started to avoid and neglect my calls, which was a bit frustrating as I wanted an update for the build.

After 20 weeks of placing the order, he finally answered. After many attempts of calls and emails, I even sent someone to his shop, as I am located overseas (country called Kuwait).
He advised me that the parts did not arrive yet. When I have proof where he said everything is available, all it needs is assembly, and it got me even more confused.

I have requested some photos of the build, and he replied that he can't as it's all assembled together and taking photos will delay the process (bit confusing to me).

He requested to pay the remaining balance of the build even though I didn't receive any proof of the build. Against my better judgement, I ended up paying him the remaining 50% of the build.

My last communication with him was in January 2024, when he said he'll send the engine through freight.

Till today, he doesn't reply to my calls, my emails I even tried to call his shop, but no one seems to answer. I sent some of my wife's relatives, but they couldn't find anyone.

The biggest issue is that my engine started smoking (pistons rings & valve seals). I can't drive my truck nor fix it.

If someone here can help me with this issue with Ryan or RMB I would really appreciate it.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ran into this in the Subaru world about 15 years ago. Dude in St Louis built me some heads with different cams and then ghosted a fairly large number of engine builds not long after.

Pnwrider

Reaction score
Having been a victim in one of these in the past, I feel for you and hope you are able to get something back. If you paid with credit card, have you contacted your bank? I know some have 90 day policies, but I was at the 6 month mark on mine and got all my money refunded by the bank.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
seems to be common in the custom parts/engine world everywhere...

sure anyone can post pretty pics and dyno charts on instagram, but backing it up in real life seems to be an issue for some..

most i think just need a customer service department, but also, patience is a virtue with a lot of this stuff. Bezos has spoiled us all with the i want it now...

Hopefully you can start a credit card dispute and you didnt wire money.. this is why i have no issue paying 3% fees.. insurance fees.

be sure to flame them on FB/IG, or anywhere else you can tag them..