DIY truck wrap with matte black vinyl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unless your wanting the matte finish ya might want to check out the Xpel ultimate product. It has some self healing properties. That is what I went with and it has held up well to trail stripping.

4TimeSVTOwner

Reaction score
awesome job Menoso. I have been thinking of getting the expel film for my truck. Im guesssing it applies similiar to the wrap. not sure if you can heat it or what but reading your thread sure makes me want try it myself nstead of paying a shop to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just warped my hood this weekend . It took a 5' by 6 ' piece . I removed my hood vents and front grill the night before . I started at 8:30 am and finished at 12:30 pm including reassembly . It's not as easy as I thought ! I'm also good at installing # plate backgrounds and shroud decals on Mx bikes . Good luck .

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just warped my hood this weekend . It took a 5' by 6 ' piece . I removed my hood vents and front grill the night before . I started at 8:30 am and finished at 12:30 pm including reassembly . It's not as easy as I thought ! I'm also good at installing # plate backgrounds and shroud decals on Mx bikes . Good luck .

I hope you meant "wrapped"...

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just doing the flares. Black truck so I want black flares.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Did you end up doing this? Any pics? My flares are looking a little best. I think wrapping them satin black or dark grey might look ok. I dunno hoping for pics.

FLYING BONES

Reaction score
Did you end up doing this? Any pics? My flares are looking a little best. I think wrapping them satin black or dark grey might look ok. I dunno hoping for pics.

I didn't! But I want to soon. I went with ADD bumpers and it looks great but I hate the fenders more than ever!

cheezenip

Reaction score
Nice job! After looking at all your posts and picture I'm inspired to wrapping it myself. Local spot here where I live wants $3600. So I think I'm going give it a try. Thanks again really inspired me.